Graduate schools in Europe

I don’t know where else to look so I am going to post it here.

I am hoping to go to Europe to pursue a graduate degree in something like Industrial engineering or something. I do not know of schools who offers such a degree but even the major is subject to change since I have a business degree from University of phoenix and I rather study science but still make use of the business classes I had taken there. Is there any information on how universities work in Europe and how expensive is it to study there?

My chinese isn’t good enough for admission into Taiwanese universities because I can only apply as a local.

leave, then come back to the 'wan as a waigo.

Find a link for you, where you’d see a number of Engineering Schools across the Europe.
It should be enough for you to do an initial research on your own and find out where to study would suit your need most.
europe.graduateshotline.com/

With an undergrad from the University of Phoenix, you probably won’t get accepted into the top tier schools over there. I’d try some of the English speaking private unis in Eastern Europe. They are a little more welcoming to people with online school cred. The girls are real lookers over there as well. :wink:

I certainly hope that you didn’t do Phoenix for your undergrad and that you do have some mathematics or science background before you decide to jump right into industrial engineering. The math could be a little more intense at the graduate level, even if it were just for a masters degree.

Well, I did the first two years of my undergrad degree at the University of Texas, but when I came to Taiwan I did it at university of phoenix because that was the only way for me to finish my degree without re-learning all 12 years of K-12 in Taiwan (many college entrance tests contains many poetic Chinese that are not taught at places like Shida language centers). However it just seems as thought University of phoenix degrees are worth about as much as a piece of paper its printed on. I am thinking I may need to pick up where I left off and go ahead and get an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (my original major at UT) in Europe or something… or is that unnecessary?

Also, U of Phoenix isn’t exactly easy either… we write papers all the time (often because it’s the most effective way of evaluating if you know the course material) and we have to be self motivated. I don’t think would pass you if you paid money but did no work… plus learning team is really big there. I would probably still take undergrad math classes to brush up on the math though like calculus.

I am not sure how it is in Europe, but stateside Purdue has a solid industrial engineering program. I think some German schools offer graduate programs in English though.

Another path you can try taking is to apply for graduate admission as an overseas Chinese citizen, if you fit the requirements. I think you have to first qualify for overseas Chinese status and have done your degree in accredited universities overseas.

[quote=“catfish13”]I am not sure how it is in Europe, but stateside Purdue has a solid industrial engineering program. I think some German schools offer graduate programs in English though.

Another path you can try taking is to apply for graduate admission as an overseas Chinese citizen, if you fit the requirements. I think you have to first qualify for overseas Chinese status and have done your degree in accredited universities overseas.[/quote]

What is “overseas Chinese”? I assume you need a second nationality outside of Taiwan in order to qualify, which I don’t have.

overseas.ncnu.edu.tw/

The details are there…I only heard of the process and have no idea how one goes about applying.

Are you including the UK in your plans? I only ask as some consider Europe as mainland Europe only.

Masters degrees in the UK range from £3000 for home/EU students, but getting that fee figure will depend on your nationality and where you’ve been for the past 3 years. International students are looking at at least twice that figure.

The good thing is that UK masters courses are only one year.

Any specific info I can help with? If so, might be best to PM me as I don’t often come on forum these days.