Grande supersized bag

please help me. i am in taipei, and looking for an oversized, cheap, dufflebag (hockey bag) like bag… the bigger, the cheaper the better. i know this sounds like a dumb question, as i am sure there are many places in taipei that sell such a bag… i am looking for specific places here. thank you thank you thank you… jsc

please please please some imput! i am having a minor luggage emergency… flying out wednesday night!!! anyone who may have seen a big duffel bag on the drive to work???

You can PM seeker4. He found a duffel bag a few months ago and posted about it but I can’t find that thread.

Edit: Found the thread.

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ht=#296685](Duffle bag?

Don’t know a specific place, but do you know of an army surpluss store? Can’t beat an army duffle bag for durability.

Please remember that you are in Taiwan: the bigger cheaper bag is bound to be a bigger piece of s-h-i-t.

quality isn’t as important as size… just trying to get some stuff home without paying a ridiculous 3500nt fee that malaysian airlines charges for one extra bag…

[quote=“914”]You can PM seeker4. He found a duffel bag a few months ago and posted about it but I can’t find that thread.

Edit: Found the thread.

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ht=#296685](Duffle bag?
I never could find a true duffel bag (military style). I did find a bag, similar to a sports bag designed to carry personal exercise equipment, etc. (roughly rectangular in shape with zipper and handles) . The vendor had various sizes. I bought the 2nd largest and it cost around NT $500, as I recall. The source is likely generic enough to be found in several places. However, my source was a small bag/luggage vendor down one of the side streets off of the main Beitou daymarket. One of the side streets between the market road (Qing Jiang) and the larger main road (Zhongyang S. Rd). The vendor has a permanent shop there.

Don’t most night markets sell what you’re looking for?

Hi, I just saw some over-sized and heavy-duty quality duffle-bag type of thingies at IKEA on the weekend. I believe they were quite cheap, made of nylon, with a circular big zipper at the top-end, two handles at the sides and one shoulder strap to haul the thing away. Looked very sturdy to me, and very big … They are on the upper of the two floors, where they also have all those storage boxes that go under beds etc., soon after you pass the area with picture frames and stuff - I think … :unamused: