Grandma Nitti's Kitchen (CLOSED)

Yes she did. Trivia: she was a waitress at the old Nittie’s before starting up her own place.

1 Like

I did not know that.

Looks like Grandma is back

3 Likes

Please be true. Luv their brunch.

Hope so. But it’s on that other side of Roosevelt Road where people rarely venture.

1 Like

Yeah that may not augur well.

Who here remembers eat at the Nitts when it was just a single bench, somewhere off of Hoping E. Rd?

4 Likes

it was in a hole-in-the-wall on east side of S. Fushing near Ho-Ping. The french construction workers building the first MRT line to the zoo would come in wearing rubber work boots, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one.

Who here remembers JB’s fish and chips that was also on the wrong side of Roosevelt? Doesn’t augur well.

3 Likes

We had wedding brunch there after I got married.

Even so, it was pretty good.

1 Like

According to Google maps, that is practically across the Hakka park. Bit of a trek. But for that brunch, worth it.

“Across from” I think you mean. :grandpa:

1 Like

The trek may scare off the vaping hipsters, deffo would be worth it then.

2 Likes

I remember that on the other side of the gas station there is a cafe of sorts that looks quite hippy.

The brunch or the marriage?

The brunch, obviously.

1 Like

I always hated this place and it’s greasy food. I only went because it used to be about the only sit-down western restaurant I could afford. I’d go on Sunday because they had a used book exchange. I peeked in the new place. No books, but it’s not hard to get western food or English books anymore.

1 Like

@SunWuKong is mobbed by a huge crowd of old balding white men and pelted with a flurry of trusses and plastic bifocal cases with the pocket clip on the side

2 Likes

Hmmmm! With the new Nitti’s on Tingzhou Road, it looks like there is a small-scale move happening to the west side of Roosevelt Road, which will also be hosting the new iteration of Falafel King when it opens on April 2.

It seems that affordable rents are the key here—or to put it another way, unaffordable rents in many of the more familiar parts of Taipei City.

Guy