Granny Having Baby with Grandson

Did anyone see this in the news???

Granny, 72, Having A Baby With Her Grandson

I’ve read the article three times and I’m just totally at a loss. Isn’t it technically illegal (not to mention certifiably disgusting and utterly gross)???

[quote=“bismarck”]

I’ve read the article three times and I’m just totally at a loss. [/quote]
Oh, I could show you some sites to help with your education. :lick:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“bismarck”]

Oh, I could show you some sites to help with your education. :lick:[/quote]
Come on, man! His own grandmother! :astonished:

Come on, man! Its America. Why do you sound so surprised?

Eewww! :loco:

Good point. But still.

Edit: The thing is, we all know incest goes on. Sure, some places more than others. But grandparents??? You’d think the old girl would know better.
And how could he possibly be (esp. sexually) attracted to a 72 year old woman, quite literally old enough to be (and she is!) his grandmother.

[quote=“bismarck”]Did anyone see this in the news???

Granny, 72, Having A Baby With Her Grandson

I’ve read the article three times and I’m just totally at a loss. Isn’t it technically illegal (not to mention certifiably disgusting and utterly gross)???[/quote]

I had to check to make sure that this wasn’t some kind of April fool. Bizarre.

Yes, it’s illegal according to Indiana law.

IC 35-46-1-3
Incest
Sec. 3. (a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.

All I can say is, I feel sorry for the child and what he/ she is going to have to go through in life. How confused will the poor thing be ? Probably won’t be too sharp either, so could be a future vice-presidential candidate, like another famous Indianan.

at least 70 year old woman is not trying to have a baby i think she would die in the process

There’s no way this takes place in Indiana. The surrogate mother of their baby is quoted as saying, “But they’re a brilliant pair and I saw how much they loved each other. I know the baby will be loved too.”

I went to school in Indiana and I can guarantee you that no one uses the word “brilliant” like that.

The old lady is FROM Indiana. It doesn’t say where she currently lives. Since “New Zealand’s New Idea magazine” is mentioned, that’s my guess.

But, I grew up outside of Chicago(on the border of Indiana). Yeah, there “brilliant” only means very smart when talking about people.

Note to self Don’t read articles about strange human behavior before having one’s coffee

[quote=“Maoman”]There’s no way this takes place in Indiana. The surrogate mother of their baby is quoted as saying, “But they’re a brilliant pair and I saw how much they loved each other. I know the baby will be loved too.”

I went to school in Indiana and I can guarantee you that no one uses the word “brilliant” like that.[/quote]

Well, the wrinkely and the scrubb could be in Indiana. They hired the surrogate, but the article doesn’t indicate that the surrogate is in Indiana with them. “I saw how much they loved each other,” could simpley mean that she “understood” this from talking with them, or “seeing” them via Skype or some such program. Perhaps the surrogare is in NZ where this sort of thing might not be illegal? (I have no idea if it’s illegal or not.)

And being in love does NOT give a person a right to create a child. This poor kid’s mom is his great grand mother, his dad is his grandfather. Well, at least the donor egg will prevent genetic inbreeding.

I wonder if they care how other family members feel about it.

No… actually, I don’t.

They do it in large part because they “get off” on the grief it causes others. Guarnteed. Some people are just plain sadistic.

The worst part of it is that ANY culture would consider for even a fraction of a second the possibility of visiting that sadism upon a new infant. The West is becoming so degenerate I can barely look at it.

Ewwwwwww! Incest on steroids! :sick:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“bismarck”]

Oh, I could show you some sites to help with your education. :lick:[/quote]
Come on, man! His own grandmother! :astonished:[/quote]

No, I’ve been shown the sites. You don’t want to see.

The kid will be his/her own great aunt/uncle.

Strangely, all of the news reports seem to be from non US sources. As one British newspaper points out:

The story may have originated in New Zealand’s New Idea magazine but facts were sketchy. Newspapers in Indiana, where Pearl is said to be from, knew nothing of the story.

Smells of a hoax to me.

Hoax or not, am I the only person who doesn’t think incest is that abhorrent? Yes, I would suggest avoiding having offspring as these two purportedly are, but other than that, what’s wrong with romantic love across the ages and between kin?

Just because nobody (other than myself) is attractive in my family, doesn’t mean I can’t understand two kin getting their kit off.

I dunno. Incest has only become a recent taboo. Animals mate with their kin, why shouldn’t we? Oh, it’s the “gene pool” thing. Wouldn’t want the progeny of me and my granny coming out looking like a Maltese poodle with renal failure.

To be honest, I don’t find anything "wrong’ with it.

Words fail me. :astonished:

Okay, granted, he didn’t grow up with her as his grandmother, but still… isn’t there some sort of “incest-repellent” hormone or something. It’s impossibly disgusting. Not to mention the whole “gene pool issue”. [/judgemental rant]