Great Travel Agents

Do any of those agencies book tours of Taiwan for Mandarin speakers who are coming in from the US to sightsee for a week or so?

I’ve been using the Tainan branch of Colatours for almost 5 years now. They are very competitive with airline and travel websites (of course they have their own booking website as well). I find it very useful for multi-city travel and for connecting flights with airlines that do not fly to Taiwan. They also sometimes have very good package deals on hotels in Taiwan.

You can also check this website mytaiwantour.com

With a 30-year background in travel expertise, we ensure the safest, most comfortable journey for your stay in Taiwan. We also have the added benefit of professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable English guides who not only guide you to see the beauty of Taiwan, but are also savvy in the historical and cultural aspects of Taiwan and its peoples. We guarantee that this journey to Taiwan will leave you with wonderful lasting memories.

What is the nearest MRT station…?

If it’s Fuxing/Minsheng, it would have to be Zhongshan Junior High on the brown line. From the station, turn right and walk a bit and that intersection has a store selling carpets as well as (if I recall correctly) a 全國電子… which is called I think National Electronics in English. I don’t know where the agent this guy is talking about is, though.

What is the nearest MRT station…?[/quote]
Astor Tours (Not Travel, my bad) moved about ten years ago to Nanjing East Road Section 3, next to the Westin Hotel.
[color=#00BFBF]Click here for their listing in the Taiwanease Directory[/color]. The closest MRT Station would be the Nanjing East Road Station (南京東路站).

Just FYI, that Hi-Life is no longer there. But Astor Tours (and Margaret Pau, the miracle worker) is still there.

For my last trip to the US, I booked through the travel agent that my company uses. I did this because my company was paying for my ticket and thought I’d take the whole family back while I was at it. Then when my mom was going to come to Taiwan to visit, I called the same travel agent but the lady recommended that I just buy directly from the airline as this would be cheaper. We ended up buying her ticket from the US side so I never looked into whether what she told me was good advice.

Now I’m ready to head back to the US again (actually this summer but I want to get the reservations early) and I’m confused by what our company’s travel last told me about buying directly from the airline. Does this make sense to anyone? I had always used a travel agent in the past and was fine with the quotes I received from them.

If you disagree and feel that a travel agent is the way to go, anyone want to recommend theirs to me?

me…!

I just called this agent; they said that Daniela no longer works there.