Great Travel Agents

Site is getting a redo check it out in a couple of weeks

The cheapest agent that I have used by far is Emily Yang at Lahoo. She got me a round trip ticket to Cambodia for 9900 NTs(one month long) and she also gave me the cheapest tickets for China that I could find (19500 NTs, plus 2500 for a two-day stopover in Hong Kong). No real problems with visas for China, although to my inexperienced eyes it seemed to take a bit of time. Departure times from Taipei are horrendous, though; well before 8 o’clock for both times. I had to remind her about an outgoing ticket from Taiwan being a requirement for a 60-day visa. For my cheapskate self, though, no real problems.

I’ve had excellent results with Astor travel over the last 6+ years. No complaints whatsoever. Ask for Annie…

Astor tour is Excellent. Ask for Dawn. very professional.

Interlink service attitude BAD!!!

I called them up and the lady asked me if I had already called any other travel agent about my booking. I honestly told them I already called one other agent. She then refused to give me a quote saying they refuse to “particpuate in price comparison”.

This is my first time ever hearing this kind of attitude. How can you folks rely on such a travel agent from hell?

No kidding. I got their quote recently. When I compared it to the airline’s prices, I end up saving over NT20,000. As if Taiwanese buy anything without first comparison shopping! :raspberry:

[quote=“fanglangzhe”]Interlink service attitude BAD!!!

I called them up and the lady asked me if I had already called any other travel agent about my booking. I honestly told them I already called one other agent. She then refused to give me a quote saying they refuse to “particpuate in price comparison”.

This is my first time ever hearing this kind of attitude. How can you folks rely on such a travel agent from hell?[/quote]

Agreed. I used to rate Interlink, but the last two times I booked with them, I was offered a better fare from another agent. When I told Interlink, they demanded the name of the other agent, who they subsequently called, before calling me back and matching the other agent’s price. Perhaps that sounds like good service, but I was more galled by Interlink staff’s incredulity that another agent would offer another price, rather than the “collective” one.

I’ve read a few of your posts which gives some great advice but what can we do if we’re not exactly in Taipei? I’m down in Dou-lio, near Chia-yi. I’ve tried searching on Google for websites of these travel agents you mention but can’t find any.

Does anyone have any websites I can check out for these travel agents, such as David’s, Jenny Su, etc… Preferably with an English option?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Emily at Lahoo uses direct deposit. Use a phone and you can call her. She advertises in Taipei times. I don’t live in Taipei either and recently booked a trip to Bangkok through her. I only had to show my passport at the airports.

I have always had great luck with a woman named Christine at David’s Ticketing. For the past 4 or 5 trips I’ve taken, I’ve used her. She was always able to get me a good deal. She speaks perfect English, and always does what she says what she will do. So, not everyone over there at David’s is a screw-up!

I’d like to buy a one-way plane ticket from Songshan airport to either Kaohsiung or Pingtung for Western New Year’s Eve. Who is the best travel agent for that sort of thing?

Thanks

waigui

are there any good online sites to compare with travel agents?

All things said, I have only the highest praise for Jeannie Leng at Interlink. I recently had to to leave for South Africa on very short notice to attend my Dad’s funeral. I fly Cathay Pacific (Asiamiles!) and Jeannie organised me a ticket in no time flat, only slightly more expensive than the rate I would have had to pay normally - and cheaper than the four other agents I tried. I can’t even remember their names. Jeannie also organised my foreign exchange as I was in a bit of a state.
In South Africa I lost my ticket (that state …) and had to buy a new one to get back, but Jeannie organised that I get FULLY refunded for the lost ticket. She went out of her way, checking and re-checking things with me by phone and e-mail, and I received my refund from Cathay.
Five star service!! :bravo:

Interlink seem to have a good name, but I had bad experiences with them. First was the guy who I think was the boss about 3 or 4 years ago. ‘Forgot’ to book my seat. I was very lucky to get back the day before Chirstmas.,

Then, last time I went on holiday, Jeanie was goddamn useless (I had used her before once, without problems). I’d called about 5 travel agents to get quotes on a slightly difficult route. Jeanie was one of the three who didn’t get back to me at all. I called her back again, but she still didn’t get back, so in the meantime I booked with Margaret from Astor (who was great). About 5 daysd later I got an e-mail from Jeanie. I more or less ignored it. Then when Margaret was trying to get me off the waiting list into a confirmed seat I got an urgent call from her. Looks like another travel agent had also made a booking for me, and I risked losing both places. Turns out rather than giving me the quote Jeanie had (2 weeks after first contacting me) booked me a place. I almost missed out altogether.

The thing that amazes me so much is that out of the 5 travel agents that I contacted, only two got back to me. The other three don’t want my business?

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]The thing that amazes me so much is that out of the 5 travel agents that I contacted, only two got back to me. The other three don’t want my business?[/quote]Did you try Peter Lawrence at Trump Travel? I’ve booked tickets with him three times now and he’s always been very quick, helpful and efficient.

Another member recommended him here;
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 627#143627](Great Travel Agents

Details;
Peter Lawrence
pjltrump@ara.seed.net.tw
Phone: 07 330 6166 Fax 07 330 6133
tttour.com.tw/english/Home.htm

They were one of the three that took down my details and didn’t get back to me.

Brian

Update:

I emailed this guy and he isn’t in taiwan anymore.

[quote=“Flicka”]I have been buying tickets through a travel agent that’s a friend of a friend. He lives in Chiayi (Jiayi) (I am in Taipei, so he express mails the tickets to me), but has always been giving me great rates and found me seats when things were usually “booked” (i.e. Chinese New Year).

If you are in the Chiayi (Jiayi)/Tainan/Taichung (Taizhong) areas, I would especially recommend him. In Taipei, he can send my tickets to me in about two days by express. His name is Jimmy (forgot the last name) and cell number is 0936995476 and e-mail is paul127kimo@yahoo.com.tw.

Shameless promotion? Maybe, but I’ve gotten better service and prices from him than the other agents in town.[/quote]

Another vote for Sheree Lin at Champion Travel.
We booked flights to Bangkok and back with her and she was very helpful throughout the booking.

The address of her office is 3F -6 No. 112 Chung-Shan N Rd. Sec 2

We will be using her again in the future for sure.

EDITED
Asked agents for a package (flights + hotel), responses

Interlink: nothing
David’s nothing
Travel Star (Kaoshiung): intinerary but no prices
Champion: ticket prices no package
Trump Tour: itinerary, prices within 24 hours

No guess as to who I’ll be using!

Anyone ever use WHOSE travel? They have an all-english based website whosetravel.com/ and i get periodic emails from them. No idea how they got my address, but I’m curious about them. It seems they’re based in Taichung.