Great Travel Agents

Hi,
i am new to this forum. First, let me introduce myself a little bit. You may call me gent. I currently teach English and I am a Taiwanese. Thus, I speak perfect Chinese. Because I travel often, I am quite skilled at locating low international airplane ticket. I shall offer great service in this regard. Of course, a small service fee will be added but you might still find the price is low and it is always good to have someone who speak Chinese to help you out sometimes. I am also good at trip planning and organizing. If you don’t believe me, next time while you need a nice trip in Taiwan or an international airplane ticket, you may contact me at peifang0113@hotmail.com

nice to meet you all.

[quote=“gent”]Hi,
“… I am quite skilled at locating low international airplane ticket. … Of course, a small service fee…”[/quote]

Sounds kinda commercial.

Or is it just me? :unamused:

Those of you who “book on the internet”… what website?

I like kayak.com.

I’ve noticed that the fare can be very different depending on where you originate, say, in LA instead of Taipei, or vice-versa.

At the same time, for short trips inside Asia, I can see that local agents can be cheaper, despite the hidden fees and taxes.

My name is Dale Mackie and I am the owner of WHOSE Travel in Taichung Taiwan. I am not posting this reply claiming that I am a “great travel agent” but I do the best I can.

I am a Canadian that has been living in Taiwan for 10 years now and do understand the travel needs of foreigners. Reading through the postings there appears to be a lot of complaints that the travel industry in Taiwan is very disorganized. Being a travel agent in Taiwan I can confirm that is true. To shed some light on this travel agents in Taiwan are faced with daily changes in fares, taxes and restrictions and very often it’s difficult to get a straight answer from our suppliers (The airlines).

I’m not trying to make excuses for all the travel agents in Taiwan but if you want to deal with an travel agent that will give you a straight answer about your travel needs feel free to contact me. You can visit our webiste at http://www.whosetravel.com or call me at 04-2326-5191.

This posting may appear as an advertisment and I suppose it is. But I also wanted to post this to let people know that there is an alternative choice to deal with a foreigner for your travel arrangements from Taiwan. We are not a large travel agency but I can assure you that we wil give you quick, and honest service at a reasonable price.

Yours Truly

Dale Mackie

I can fully back this man up, but please make sure that HE (Dale) is the man you deal with. I got great service and a fantastic price on a deal to the HK rugby sevens this year. I also use Trump Travel in Kaoshiung (Peter Lawrence)…

I have nothing bad to say about Interlink. They are the most reliable travel agent I’ve used in Taipei. I would recommend them.

On the contrary, I would try very hard to talk anyone out of using David’s. They are complete assholes. I can’t say enough bad things about them. My wife and I had a trip arranged through them to Egypt and they didn’t get my wife a confirmed booking for the way back but sold us the tickets as if it was all A-OK. The flight was Taipei to Kuala Lumpur, KL to Beirut, Beirut to Cairo, and back the same way.

The bastards lied to us and gave us false documentation to look like confirmed travel bookings and we had to screw around and waste time in Cairo daily trying to get onto the overbooked flight on the way back. Had it not been for a kind Egyptian lady working at the airline office in Cairo on the night before one of us could leave, we’d have been screwed. Too much stress and wasted time dealing with the trouble. Thanks David’s…

We stormed into David’s upon getting back and let them have it. While I was there, there was another foreigner and his Asian wife getting screwed on a ticket price which the couple had discovered right then and there. They were demanding an explanation as well. I let him in on why I was there. I think it was a bad day for David’s with two big foreigners yelling at them. They are a totally unprofessional, unreliable, and fraudulent travel agent.

To reiterate, David’s is the worst travel agent in Taipei. Avoid them at all costs.

Interlink works for me since years, and I nearly always do last minute arrangements.

Too bad that Sean, the Czech guy there, left a half year ago. He was great. I regret not hooking up with him for a few beers over the years he sold me tickets.

Hello All,

I have received many inquiries from the members of Forumosa
.com recently. However, some of people did not make reservations
(at least 2 months before or 3 months in peak season), you can do it by
yourseleves in the online web of airline co. or ask travel agency to
help you make a reservation for free in advance.

-Late reservation causes you must buy more expensive tickets rushly.

-When you check ticket pricing, you also need to privide your passport
name to the sales for checking fare and making reservations if the
cheap seats are still availabe. Otherwise, it might be happened
that it is only have good prices existing but no seat available
(Cheap seats are easy to be sold-out ).

-The exact travel business regulation of Taiwan, for a direct customer,
it is always that the prices which you buy from local travel agency
should be more cheaper than you buy from airline co. directly.
You may make a reservation to airline co., and then buy ticket from
travel agencies.

-Passport Name: Be showed which part is given name and which
part is family name clearly when told the information, it will avoid
mistakes when sales booking.

-Package(Ticket+Hotel)—If 2 persons would like to go to same city
or place, it is a bargain to choose airline Co’s Package.
Maybe,you can use this website to find other member to go together
for saving money. Still, you can buy package from Travel Agency.

Above-mentioned is for your reference only.

Kathy/Kao-Hsin Travel Agency
0920820126/E-mail:k8.t8@msa.hinet.net

It is against [color=red]the rules[/color] to delete your posts. In fact, it is rule number one at Forumosa, and we take it very seriously.

Thank you for your immediate attention and compliance.

I have used Whose travel booking a return flight from Taipei to HK and another domestic flight in China. The quote Dale gave me was cheaper then Interlinks and I received excellent service - both attentive and quick I whole heartedly recommend them.

I’ve recently been disappointed by Interlink. They always claim to be cheap, but they are not. The offered me overpriced tickets and said nothing else was around. Well, there was and it seems like I am going to switch.

To who?

I just contacted Ellie at TONGLIEN TRAVEL SERVICE for a ticket to BKK on Jan. 16th. She quoted me $13,500 with Thai Airline as the cheapest ticket!!! Say it ain’t so.
What happened to the KLM deal for $7,000?
Must be a better deal out there than this!

[quote=“Ktownboy”]I just contacted Ellie at TONGLIEN TRAVEL SERVICE for a ticket to BKK on Jan. 16th. She quoted me $13,500 with Thai Airline as the cheapest ticket!!! Say it ain’t so.
What happened to the KLM deal for $7,000?
Must be a better deal out there than this![/quote]

That’s probably the best you’re going to get during Chinese New Year. :frowning:

I don’t think you’ll be finding that NT$7,000 KLM ticket for this time of year.

I just booked a KLM flight for Feb 10 and the cheapest I could get was 9699 NT right from the internet.

I’ve also had a lot of luck with an agent in Taipei named Daniela 02 25077141. She’s got me great deals to Canada and the Philippines.

Nankaner: Thanks for the tip about Daneila. She totally set me up with what I needed.

Ellie at Tonglien was telling me $13,500 just to BKK was the cheapest, because I wanted to go for longer than a month. So I shortened my trip to just under a month and then she quoted me exactly the same price!?!?

Daniela said she could get me to BKK for under $9,000 with KLM, but I couldn’t change my dates at all. For an extra $400NT I’m flying Thai Air with a flexible ticket. $4,000 cheaper than the cheapest ticket Ellie had offered!

Good pick Nankaner.

Sweet! I’m glad to hear she hooked you up. She’s amazing. Pass her name and number along, I’m sure travellers would appreciate her help and she’d love the business.

Have a great time in Thailand. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using Daniela’s services for many years, for travel to Europe and across Asia. She always gave me most competitive prices and excellent service. No doubt she’s the best agent in town!

I have just had a fair pants experience with Astor Travel. Don’t use them. If you do, make sure you dont pay a deposit or one dollar until they actually get you what you want/ ask for. I just cancelled with them because of repeated incompetence, and being told that a hotel is near the beach, then when researching myself finding out its nowhere near the beach. In fact the only thing it was near was the airport (2 mins apparently) and as appealing as hanging out under a bunch of aeroplane is, i think ill find some other form of holiday relaxation!

Do not use!! (the hotel was Day’s Hotel in Mactan if youre interested)

I’m also looking for English travel websites.
I’m looking to book a ticket home, and the only English one I know is WhoseTravel.com
Yeah, I know there are English speaking agents I can phone, but are there any other sites to compare prices?