Greek dogs join protest

Go, canines, Go!

Viva la Dog-o-lucion!! Dogs to power! [strike]On our four paws or on our bellies but never submissive![/strike]*[strike]Standing on our four paws or dead stiff but never belly up[/strike] On our four paws or belly up, but never with our head bowed.

Link: photo.newsweek.com/2010/5/greek- … -dogs.html

• From the Spanish:
    Viva la Revolucion
    El pueblo al poder
    De pie o muerto pero nunca de rodillas

Its animal abuse. Keep em safe at home and away from violence and teargas.

They are strays, Tommy. The streets are their home. Yes, they should have a loving home/owner, but at this moment, they are with teh people -who probably feed them, take care of them- and interstingly, against teh cops -who probably chase after them, scare them or may even beat them. Dogs don’t lie with their affections.

that’s lame. I saw that too…no way that dog decided to carry that banner, someone made it for him. Sad to see…And the other dogs are barking at the police because they are scary yes, not because they are joining the riot. I hate the media!

yeAH i saw a pic of one the other day and it looked like it was riled up against the cops too.

But in that melee the crowd set fire to a bank building and 3 employees of the bank. they were just workers for petes sake. Lost their lives, including one pregnant woman. Very sad and very unfair.

If i was in charge I would give the order to shoot to kill anyone with a rock or petrol bomb in his hands.

YOu think the US govt wouldnt shoot if that happened in the USA?? it wouldnt happen here in the USA because American cops would shoot to kill in such a case.

rioters who throw molotov cocktails and set on fire public buildings with regular citizens in them are just criminals in my view. and they deserve to die those that were responsible for the bank fire.

Peaceful protesting is ok, setting fires and killing innocent people is not.

The dogs are ok tho, they were not throwing any molotov cocktails or stones.

Tommy, remember the Battle of Seattle? Thank Goodness the Gov’t did NOT shoot to kill.

Of course the dog was given the banner, Battery, but in order to cooperate, teh dog must trust whoever gave him the banner. That is my point.

It is horrible that innocent people have died in this struggle, but the level of corruption is such that life is nearly unbearable for the Greek people. It degenerates into violence as many extreme groups get out of control. And everyone gets trapped in teh crossfire, even dogs.

yeah. Think I need to go see a shrink…I feel much more seeing the dog run than that guy being kicked in the stomach.

We both, Battery, we both. :blush:

[quote=“Icon”]On our four paws or on our bellies but never submissive! *

• From the Spanish:

De pie o muerto pero nunca de rodillas[/quote]
Standing or dead, but never on our knees.
‘On our bellies’ for a dog is submissive.

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“Icon”]On our four paws or on our bellies but never submissive! *

• From the Spanish:

De pie o muerto pero nunca de rodillas[/quote]
Standing or dead, but never on our knees.
‘On our bellies’ for a dog is submissive.[/quote]

Bababa, I mean to say dead -on his belly. But I see the point. A dog on his knees, to me, is playful.

EDIT:
How about: Standing on our four paws or dead stiff but never belly up.

“Belly up” means “dead”, though - isn’t it like ‘patas arriba’?
On our four paws or belly up, but never submissive?
I agree that ‘on our knees’ sounds odd for a dog.

Patas pa’rriba means “a real mess”.

Unless you are thinking like a cow, which when they die, they end up all stiff and can be even posed: upward, sideways, etc.

Belly up I may be getting wrong, as I am basically a cat owner, and when they show you their bellies is when they are most trusting/cooperative… until they bite you.

How about “ears flapped”? Usually, dogs flap their ears if they are afraid or submissive.

ps.
I still wanted to keep the image, not the literal translation, for the last part.

On our four paws or belly up, but never with our head bowed.

Nailed it! :thumbsup: