Greek Restaurant in Taipei?

I keep hearing there is one around Shi-da, but have yet to see it. Is this true, and has anyone been?

Or any other greek restaurants in Taipei? Does anyone know if the owners are actually greek?

Cheers

Mykonos, Address: 19, Ln 76, Siwei Road, Taipei (臺北市四維路76巷19號)
Telephone: (02) 2704 2960
Open: Noon to 11pm, Tuesday to Sunday

Erh, but looking it up I found this:

Truva
3, Lane 181, AnHe Road, Sec. 2
Reservations:
(02) 2737-0037
Hours: 11:30 am to 12 midnight Sunday - Thursday ;
11:30 am-1 am Friday and Saturday

Don’t think the owners are Greek.

HG

I went there once and as far as I know they don’t serve greek food :unamused:

Oh c’mon Clay, be a little more helpful if you can. Which place? Tuvla or Mykanos?

I’ve been to the old Mykanos. It scratched an itch for Greek style food. Feta, olives, dylmatas (sp) retsina and moussaka, etc.

HG

The old Mykonos wasn’t bad at all but, I am almost positive that the the Mykonos in Shida doesn’t serve Greek. I have not been to any other “Greek” restaurant in Taipei.

I went to the Mykonos when it was near Yong Kang st. a few times. Two of those times I had the worst service I have ever had in my life.

“There is a hair in my soup”
“Sorry sir.” (Takes it away)

At the end of the meal the soup is still on the bill. I thought he must have forgotten to take it off.

“Excuse me. The soup is still on our bill.”
“Yes sir.”
“Well, can you take it off?”
“Why?” he says.
“Because there was a hair in it”, I said.
“If you wanted another soup you should have asked me”
“I didn’t want another soup cause there was a hair in the one you gave me”, I said.
“But you have to pay for the one we gave you”.

Anyways. :fume: Argue. Argue. Agrue.
They wouldn’t take it off the bill. But my friends and I just left the equivalent of the bill minus the soup and left.

Ordered the “Special” which was lamb chops. The chops came and they looked great. I picked one up and noticed that there was almost no meat on the bone. I mean seriously, it was ALL bone pretty much.

“Excuse me”
“Yes”
“There is no meat on these lamb chops”, I said.
“I’ll get the manager”
(Manager comes)
“What seems to be the problem”, she says.
“There is no meat on these lamb chops.”
“Sir. This is the special. What did you expect for this cheap price?”
“Does this say BONE chops? If you could just give me the other special that would be ok.” I said
“But you will have to pay for the other special 'cause we already gave you this one.”

“This is how it’s going to be”, I said “You will either give me the other special or I will pay you nothing. You can call the police if you’d like.”
“FINE!!!” she yells at me. “But never again!!!”

I got the chicken. It was good.

I would have walked out of the place but I was with a bunch of friends who just started eating.

I have worked as a server before and I am always very polite. I was polite in both instances up 'till the end.

Why did I go back the second time? Cause the food was good and it was the only place to get good Greek food. Never again though.

If I am starving on a desert island and there happens to be a Mykonos there, I would be a dead man.

The Mykonos on Si Wei Road is OKAY, if you crave some sort of Greek-influenced food. I can not believe the only restaurant that serves tzatziki in Taibei tasted like toothpaste. (No other restaurants serve tzatziki with their calamari and the one time I see it on the menu it tastes like toothpaste.) The food was ok la. I won’t say too much, but you should try it for yourself to see if you like it, as I don’t eat meat, so our tastes vary. I thought it was ok, honestly. And I would go back two more times to give the place three chances before loving or hating it. :wink:

I seem to have forgotten where Siwei Jie is, but if it’s anywhere near the old joint on Lishui Jie, I’d be heading to Alleycats for my Mediterranean inspired fix. I have to eho the bad service and food at Mykonos (old one!!!). The moussaka was alright, I mean, how can you go wrong with mousakka?

Just a thought.

HG

Thanks for the info all…i think will just cook it myself, I have been sold on the fact MYKONOS sounds like more hassle if than its worth, but if I come across it might roll in.

Anyone, been to the other one?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Mykonos, Address: 19, Ln 76, Siwei Road, Taipei (臺北市四維路76巷19號)
Telephone: (02) 2704 2960
Open: Noon to 11pm, Tuesday to Sunday

Erh, but looking it up I found this:

Truva
3, Lane 181, AnHe Road, Sec. 2
Reservations:
(02) 2737-0037
Hours: 11:30 am to 12 midnight Sunday - Thursday ;
11:30 am-1 am Friday and Saturday

Don’t think the owners are Greek.

HG[/quote]

TRUVA is a Turkish restaurant and I’m a Turkish guy. Sure we have lot similarities in Turkish and Greek cuisine. So since u like Greek food I’m sure u would also like Turkish food.

Regards all,
Tim

That’s a fake one, see the Mykonos thread linked below.

Mykonos. (Moved to a new location, see the same thread).

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=34354