Greenlist of Schools

I see all the bad schools I should avoid on the blacklist and its very helpful. But as has been noted recently on that thread, people that have had great experiences elsewhere also have information equally as valuable. So why not a new thread where folks can mention the schools at which they have had good and fair experiences? Here’s the start: Where have people taught presently or in the past that provided a good experience?

1 Like

Shane English School, NanKan branch. No complaints apart from the text books, but you get that with all the chain schools.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive tomthorne. I figure this list could be just as important as the blacklist, especially for us newbies looking for first gigs.[quote=“tomthorne”]Shane English School, Nankan branch. No complaints apart from the text books, but you get that with all the chain schools.[/quote]

Unfortunately there only appears to be one decent school in the whole of Taiwan. :slight_smile:

Seriously though, the weak point of this thread is when people find a decent school they tend to stay there and then only recommend new teacher vacancies to their friends. Human nature I guess. You may get teachers posting who left decent schools, but in that case they’ve probably left Taiwan and don’t care.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong because you’re right, this would be a very useful resource.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Unfortunately there only appears to be one decent school in the whole of Taiwan. :slight_smile:

Seriously though, the weak point of this thread is when people find a decent school they tend to stay there and then only recommend new teacher vacancies to their friends. Human nature I guess. You may get teachers posting who left decent schools, but in that case they’ve probably left Taiwan and don’t care.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong because you’re right, this would be a very useful resource.[/quote]

Right, I don’t want anyone to jeopardize their position. But if you’ve worked somewhere you feel is fair and decent, and you aren’t concerned about losing your job, then please post!

There are good schools out there! I didn’t realize how lucky I am until I started reading these forums. The place I work is awesome. They helped me find an apartment, got me a cell phone before I had my ARC, and let me use their scooter until they found me one. The teachers and staff are all very friendly too.

However, I believe this is because the school is privately owned and operated. If there are any openings, I’ll post more information here.

Newton school in Taoyuan city, just off Guoji road near IKEA, is great. They’re extremely flexible and helpful regarding just about anything. They’re not strict at all regarding teaching, all that matters is that you show up on time. The kids can go a bit ape sometimes but i guess it’s a fair trade off for a nice school.

Call Vanessa 093 337 6648

Hi All!

Just want to say that AMC school in Nankan, just off Jhongshan Rd (close to Taoyuan city) is a great school. The owner, Jojo, is very helpful. I had a good experience working there. Can’t say that I had one problem in the six months that I worked there. I left because I got offered a full time job.

They actually have about 6-7hours available at a good rate.

You can call Jojo at (03)321 7377