GRINDHOUSE - Tarantino - 2007

Tarantino, the guy who made Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill is teaming up with his friend Rodriguez, the director of Sin City to create a double feature movie called Grindhouse.

Heres the links:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0462322/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grind_House_%28film%29

The first movie is about a serial killer who uses his car as a murder weapon. The killer is played by kurt russel.

The second movie is called Planet Terror and features a woman with a machine gun for a leg who fights legions of zombies!

Well - sounds cool to me!

It’s being filmed here in Austin. :stuck_out_tongue: The spouse of a friend of mine is part of the crew for this film. In fact, he’s having dinner with Tarantino this week–and Tarantino for that matter is frequently spotted here in town.

From what I hear, he’s one heck of a loudmouth.

[quote=“Sam Vimes”]It’s being filmed here in Austin. :stuck_out_tongue: The spouse of a friend of mine is part of the crew for this film. In fact, he’s having dinner with Tarantino this week–and Tarantino for that matter is frequently spotted here in town.

From what I hear, he’s one heck of a loudmouth.[/quote]

Hmm - thats cool. Tarantino’s movies are great but he always came off as a total nerd who doesn’t seem to notice that hes a nerd, and wants to make sure you know how smart and cool he is, you know? It doesn’t matter to me really, his movies are awesome so far.

[quote=“Ian_Alexander”][quote=“Sam Vimes”]It’s being filmed here in Austin. :stuck_out_tongue: The spouse of a friend of mine is part of the crew for this film. In fact, he’s having dinner with Tarantino this week–and Tarantino for that matter is frequently spotted here in town.

From what I hear, he’s one heck of a loudmouth.[/quote]

Hmm - thats cool. Tarantino’s movies are great but he always came off as a total nerd who doesn’t seem to notice that hes a nerd, and wants to make sure you know how smart and cool he is, you know? It doesn’t matter to me really, his movies are awesome so far.[/quote]

Oh he is such the nerd. A film nerd that is. Worked at a video store for years before making a movie. Not that working at video store would make you a nerd, but in film circles, it’s the equivilate of a computer nerd working at some high tech place. All you do is get to talk about the stuff you do at work.

[quote=“Namahottie”]

Oh he is such the nerd. A film nerd that is. Worked at a video store for years before making a movie. Not that working at video store would make you a nerd, but in film circles, it’s the equivilate of a computer nerd working at some high tech place. All you do is get to talk about the stuff you do at work.[/quote]

Yeah - well thats cool tho. I kinda wanted to work at a video store for that reason too even though its not a really great job, I just liked the idea of dealing with movies and games all day…

[quote=“Ian_Alexander”]
Yeah - well thats cool tho. I kinda wanted to work at a video store for that reason too even though its not a really great job, I just liked the idea of dealing with movies and games all day…[/quote]

Romantic as that sounds… you forget you have to deal with the general public, who are in my experience dumb as f#ck. I used to work in cinema and can tell you, it ain’t so cool.:wink:

I have to say as well that Tarantino’s films are never as good as the one’s he copied. Reservoir Dogs was originally “City on Fire” by Ringo Lam. Portions of Kill Bill were “Lady Snowblood” “Shaolin Intruders” and “They Call Her One Eye” (Which I admit I only knew about after KB). These films shall we say are very “of their time” however.

I’ll grant you “Pulp Fiction” was good… but have you seen how dated it has become already?

Tarantino is good at dialogue too… but thats all. IMHO

Another Tarantino bloodfest. I tingle all over with anticipation. :unamused:

Mind you, it couldn’t possibly be as dull as the Kill Bills. I have tried to watch those on occasion and find I must rescue myself from the stupor I fall into almost immediately.

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“Ian_Alexander”]
Yeah - well thats cool tho. I kinda wanted to work at a video store for that reason too even though its not a really great job, I just liked the idea of dealing with movies and games all day…[/quote]

Romantic as that sounds… you forget you have to deal with the general public, who are in my experience dumb as f#ck. I used to work in cinema and can tell you, it ain’t so cool.:wink:

I have to say as well that Tarantino’s films are never as good as the one’s he copied. Reservoir Dogs was originally “City on Fire” by Ringo Lam. Portions of Kill Bill were “Lady Snowblood” “Shaolin Intruders” and “They Call Her One Eye” (Which I admit I only knew about after KB). These films shall we say are very “of their time” however.

I’ll grant you “Pulp Fiction” was good… but have you seen how dated it has become already?

Tarantino is good at dialogue too… but thats all. IMHO[/quote]

Copy or not, Tarantino put them on the screen in a style all his own. He is a genius as a director. The movies he writes all fall between ok and amazing, but any movie he directs is just plain artistic genius on screen. His style is so unique. The way he uses sound and music amazes me with each new movie he makes. I’m excited for some more from Tarantino. I can only hope that these are as good as the rest. Of course, if he’s teaming up with Rodriguez, then how can you go wrong?

nypost.com/seven/03152007/go … agesix.htm

[quote]March 15, 2007 – THE people who dole out ratings at the Motion Picture Assn. of America just might flip out when they see “Grindhouse,” Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez’s tribute to the ultraviolent, nudity-drenched pictures that once screened 'round the clock in the grungy movie palaces of 42nd Street.

The Weinstein Company, which is releasing the picture April 6 through its Dimension Films arm, needs an R rating for the flick to get into mainstream theaters. But, “some of it is so graphic and outrageous for a major Hollywood studio, there’s no question it’s headed for an NC-17 without big cuts,” says a Page Six operative, who got a sneak peek at the most over-the-top footage.

“Grindhouse” is actually two short movies - one directed by Tarantino, the other by Rodriguez - with an intermission between them. During the break, a series of fake trailers will be shown for such fictitious titles as “Werewolf Women of the SS,” directed by Rob Zombie.

“In one scene, a cute, topless girl is roughly tied down on a table by evil female Nazi experimenters who begin draining her blood and, as she screams in agony, they brand her like livestock with a coal-hot steel swastika,” our source said. “And every girl in the Nazi concentration camp is topless.”

Another trailer, directed by Eli Roth, of “Hostel” fame, is called “Thanksgiving,” in which a town’s celebration of Turkey Day is interrupted by a mad slasher.

“There’s a part where Jordan Ladd [daughter of Cheryl Ladd of ‘Charlie’s Angels’] is in a car with her boyfriend and giving him [oral sex] when she lovingly reaches to stroke his hair and discovers his neck is just a bloody stump - some maniac had just cut off his head while she was in the act.”

Later, a frisky cheerleader climbs onto a trampoline and begins stripping naked as she jumps up and down until she does a split and her skirt blows up without panties underneath. "You get the full ‘Britney Spears-getting-out-of-the-limo view,’ " our source says. Another jolting scene shows a grossly obese man chewing on a baby.

How much of these moviegoers will end up seeing is anybody’s guess. “Some cuts definitely will have to be made. There’s no question,” conceded one studio insider. A Dimension rep declined comment.[/quote]

I can’t wait to see the uncut version!

[quote=“Josefus”]
I can’t wait to see the uncut version![/quote]

I hope the gross parts are amusing and not nauseating, sorta like ‘Shaun of the Dead’ or ‘Braindead/Deadalive.’

I thought Pulp Fiction was a masterpiece. But pretty much everything else he’s done has blown.

It sounds like its probably going to be a nauseating bloodfest. Not my type of flick.
Though I must admit I liked From Dusk Till Dawn.

Forgot about that one. It was ok, but even then, it didn’t ALL seem to be about the blood and gore. It was a campy vampire story.

How many good actors have to suffer through his idiotic plots, some of them again and again…?

Reservoir Dogs just…just…SUCKED!

Sorry, I never meant to imply that FDTD was just a bloodfest. I just enjoyed it.
When I first saw it, I had never seen a trailer and had no idea what it was about. I enjoyed the fact that the story changed and it actually caught me off guard. It was just a fun movie, even though Tarantino can’t act no matter how hard he tries.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Forgot about that one. It was ok, but even then, it didn’t ALL seem to be about the blood and gore. It was a campy vampire story.

How many good actors have to suffer through his idiotic plots, some of them again and again…?

Reservoir Dogs just…just…SUCKED![/quote]

I had heard Reservoir Dogs was awesome so I kinda forced myself to like it - but looking back it was pretty meh…
Pulp Fiction was really perfect though.
I also loved the Kill Bills - although they are not as fun on the second viewing…

Pulp fiction is da bomb. It’s the best movie ever made.

It’s too bad QT got lazy though and rode his name; it’s like he left out the boring parts and let us put the pieces together, and when we did, it was still boring…and the whole flashback thing…so overdone…

What a stinker.

I watched Grindhouse this weekend. It is 3 hours or extreme violence, blood, guts, gore, and hot chicks. There is heavy use of scratchy film, sort of a throw back to the 60’s, definitely a movie embracing and talking about the genre. Some may find it annoying or disgusting if they don’t like zombie movies, or car chases and crashes. I think its worth seeing once, it isn’t Pulp Fiction just gratuitous violence Most likely a cult classic for the fanboy crowd.

delete

Is it showing in Taiwan?

I wanna see it :sunglasses: