Ground Turkey

Is there such a place where I can get it? I’m trying to go on the Blood type diet, hence I have give up chicken. So, can someone direct me toward the turkey place. :rainbow: :rainbow:

Costco?

I’ve never seen turkey at Costco. Can anyone verify this?

Only the big frozen ones.

Costco in Yunghe had some boxed cooked turkeys just before Thanksgiving but they sold out a couple days before and didn’t replenish. They may have some more just before Christmas . . . but then you have to buy a grinder and go to all the work. Being fat is a hell of alot easier.

Yea, but being fat isn’t nice looking in the land of super skinny. :raspberry: :smiley: :laughing: You think i could get the night market butchers or the butchers at Costco to grind it up for me? Or I’m asking for the moon the stars and the sun? :wink:

Nama;
Ever met a skinny good cook? Not me. Besides, all those bones hurt in moments of passion. :whistle:
I haven’t ever asked Costco for any kind of special service here but they were always accomodating back home. It may be the same way here. Keep in mind that the cooked turkeys were 990NT for a medium size bird. After stripping the carcass that seems like alot for ground turkey. Also, I’m not sure what kind of fat they add to the ground turkey back home. Lean ground turkey would seem to fall apart to me. Anyway - good luck on your quest.

[quote=“Enigma”]Nama;
Ever met a skinny good cook? Not me. Besides, all those bones hurt in moments of passion. :whistle:
I haven’t ever asked Costco for any kind of special service here but they were always accomodating back home. It may be the same way here. Keep in mind that the cooked turkeys were 990NT for a medium size bird. After stripping the carcass that seems like alot for ground turkey. Also, I’m not sure what kind of fat they add to the ground turkey back home. Lean ground turkey would seem to fall apart to me. Anyway - good luck on your quest.[/quote]

You could always ask da Belgian pie if he could/would grind you up a turkey … I’m not in Taipei tho … anyways, ground up raw or cooked?
… my turkeys are 6 Kg or about 13 lbs … if we can agree on something I might do it for ye … it’s not for free tho … but I’m not going to strip ye

I need to order it, get it delivered, thaw it and cook it. not cook it … grind it … takes a few days to complete the ordeal

Grinding chicken (breast) is easier …

Wait a minute … I maybe could get turkey breasts …

BTW, there are skinny cooks and good ones … :wink: :s

thanks guys. i think ill just check out costco and chop it up. then if a recipes calls for ground turkey, it’ll be minced. maybe i can rip off enigma and make ground turkey for the small kitchen :laughing:

There is a butcher in Tienmu that sells frozen ground turkey for about NT$100 a package. I don’t have the namecard here nor do I remember the name but they are very near the top of the hill on the right as you are going up. It’s after the main circle but before the last circle at the top. A somewhat small shop so they are easy to miss. Next time I go there I will post the contact info.

well is it on zhong shan bei lu? what are some landmarks near the store. i would like to go this weekend if someone could tell me about it. thank you

I’m not very good with streets and I always have to search a little to find them as they are buried among all those clothing stores. Should be Zhongshan bei lu if that street doesn’t turn into some other name after the main circle in Tienmu.

Better yet, I just dug out a package of frozen ground round that I bought there:

Taipei Butchery

No address on the package but call 'em and they can confirm and also make sure they have some ground turkey available for you.

[quote=“Interlocutor”]I’m not very good with streets and I always have to search a little to find them as they are buried among all those clothing stores. Should be Zhongshan bei lu if that street doesn’t turn into some other name after the main circle in Tianmu.

Better yet, I just dug out a package of frozen ground round that I bought there:

Taipei Butchery

No address on the package but call 'em and they can confirm and also make sure they have some ground turkey available for you.[/quote]

Bingo!!! I found ground turkey at Wellman’s grocery in Tianmu, and yes Interlocutor it was made by Taipei Butchery. At Wellman’s they also have ground lamb (454g) for 95nt, turkey (454g)120nt, ground beef, ground chuck,ground round(? I think). They are all 454gs. I don’t know the prices for the beef. But bon appetite (sp?) everyone, and again thanks for everyone pitching in to help

kisses NamawellfedHottie

Congrats Namahottie!

In addition to ground lamb (my favorite), turkey and beef, Taipei Butchery also has ground chicken, which I think would work as well as shredded chicken in some of the Mexican food recipies in the other thread. I have used ground chicken seasoned with taco seasoning and it comes out very well and is a healthier alternative to beef. Speaking of which, I have never found a better ground beef than at Taipei Butchery either.

dear namahottie,

there is no scientific study or evidence to back up the benefits of a blood type diet. blood type has little to do with your body chemistry. be careful. make sure you don’t eliminate any nutrients by avoiding certain foods.

i believe you are better off eating a variety of foods. more specifically you could go heavy on the foods known as “super foods”:

brocolli
spinach
kale
cantelope
strawberries
blueberries
almonds
macadamia nuts
walnuts
tofu & soy products
salmon (wild, not farmed)
chicken breast
dark chocolate
green tea
egg whites
guava
garlic
oats
olive oil
lemon juice
tomatoes
oranges/apples/bananas

these are a few of the most well known super foods. your blood won’t know the difference but your body will.

best wishes,

john

the super foods list does not contain any dairy or starchy foods.

that is not to say that you should avoid them.

it’s good to balance your diet with some good yogurt, and some whole grain carbs like whole-grain bread, brown rice, or some good noodles.

the key is variety and moderation.

food is good.

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]dear namahottie,

there is no scientific study or evidence to back up the benefits of a blood type diet. blood type has little to do with your body chemistry. be careful. make sure you don’t eliminate any nutrients by avoiding certain foods.

I believe you are better off eating a variety of foods. more specifically you could go heavy on the foods known as “super foods”:[/quote]

[quote]brocolli
spinach
kale[/quote] Love these so no problem

[quote]cantelope[/quote]can’t do

[quote]strawberries
blueberries[/quote]too hard to find or too expensive in TW

[quote]
almonds
macadamia nuts
walnuts[/quote]can’t eat

[quote]tofu & soy products
salmon (wild, not farmed)
chicken breast[/quote]again can’t eat. Espiecally the chicken. Ironicly, the blood diet says that B’s should avoid chicken because of what it produces in the digestive system. So, I put it to test, and they seem to be right. Everytime I ate chicken, I would be bloated and gassy.

[quote]dark chocolate
green tea
egg whites
guava
garlic
oats
olive oil
lemon juice[/quote]could try

[quote]
tomatoes[/quote]on the no-no’s of the B blood diet list

[quote]oranges/apples/bananas[/quote]could do

I live in Neihu on MinQuan East Road. There is a host of stores such as Carrefour, Costco, etc. located just before the bridge to Taipei. Does anyone know if there’s any chance that these stores sell ‘ground turkey’?

Any help will be appreciated.

-Deni

Is that a Turkey that doesn’t fly or a Turkey thats been mashed to a pulpy consistency?

I think the city’super in the new Sogo, on Fuxing, has ground turkey.