Ground Turkey

I have sporadically seen ground turkey at Carrefour. Jason’s routinely has it.

Where is Jason’s?

Thanks. I didn’t know there was a City’s Super there.

B1

[quote=“jdsmith”]101

B1[/quote]

I’m assuming this is, of course Taipei 101, Level B1. Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Is the packaging in English?

[quote=“Dee_B”][quote=“jdsmith”]101

B1[/quote]

I’m assuming this is, of course Taipei 101, Level B1. Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Is the packaging in English?[/quote]

Yes, and I only can answer the location question. :slight_smile:

I have never seen ground turkey there, but have gotten lots of slices cut up for sandwiches.

I thought most turkeys can’t fly :ponder:

I thought most turkeys can’t fly :ponder:[/quote]

They can, but you have to kick them just right.

Where is Jason’s?[/quote]
101 Shopping Mall, basement.

Ups, already been posted. Sorry.

I thought most turkeys can’t fly :ponder:[/quote]

Thats what I thought, which would mean the first definition of a 'ground turkey" would be redundant. Although, that said, the native Turkey’s in Queensland, Australia have the ability to get to the top branches of fig trees which go up like 50m…so its kind of flying.

Spastic jumping??

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Dee_B”][quote=“jdsmith”]101

B1[/quote]

Is the packaging in English?[/quote]

Yes, and I only can answer the location question. :slight_smile:

I have never seen ground turkey there, but have gotten lots of slices cut up for sandwiches.[/quote]

Oh, I won’t go there then. I’m specifically looking for ‘ground turkey’ liked ‘ground beef’ not sliced turkey for sandwiches.

I just wanted people to know that I’m not looking for Turkey slices. I’m looking for ‘ground turkey’ to make turkey burgers, etc. or I guess a better word would be ‘minced’ turkey meat.

I’m not looking for turkey slices for sanwiches.

Well, I just said I hadn’t seen them there, not that Jason’s didn’t have it.

yac’d buy yesself sumathat turkey steak and chop it up real small like, y’all

If you cannot find “ground turkey”, you might go to one of the two butcher shops in Tien Mou
who carry turkey. Ask them if they could grind it for you.

When TESCO was open, if I could not find the ground pork or beef that I wanted, I just asked them
to grind it for me. If you picked a time of the day when they were not so busy, there was no
problem.

The store in Tien Mou that did always have it - Tien Mou Grocery Store - has unfortunately closed!

Good luck! Hope that you find it.

Costco Neihu now has both ground turkey (in the form of frozen burger patties, in the frozen goods section of course) and canned turkey (next to the canned salmon, tuna and chicken). I think it was $415 for 1.8 kg.

For small amounts for yourself, you’re better just buying boneless skinless turkey breasts. Stick them in the freezer for an hour and then dice them up really small with a sharp knife. Partially freezing them first makes this easier. This results in a much “meatier” burger with a much better texture and mouth feel than mechanically ground stuff IMO.