Guanxi Lottery

Is this similar to the “G$ Quizzes” where you anti up and get nothing in return?
And that’s Mr. Knee-jerk to you. :sunglasses:

[quote]not to the witless assumptions made by some posters on this site.[/quote]That’ll be me

If you only bought 1 or 2 tickets then I apologise. But the numbers of times you won, together with how many tickets you can afford to buy, does make one a little suspicious…

So how many tickets were bought Mr Maoman ?

I’d have to agree. The monkey smells a little fishy…the secret stash thing…the lottery thing…just how does a monkey launder dirty guanxi?

are the rules for the lottery posted somewhere? I don’t quite get how it works. what’s the base prize pool?

The base prize is $500 guanxi dollars, plus however much has been put into the lottery through the sale of tickets.

With 30+ minutes left before the next draw, I can tell you that there are only 4 entries (including mine), so the jackpot is $700 guanxi dollars.

Everybody is limited to one ticket only.

Ok, I take it all back, the lottery is complete fair, and the winner always deserves it :laughing:

I want my 50$ back :imp: .

Two suggestions for the lottery.

1. Lower the entry cost. G$50 is too expensive. Real world lotteries provide a chance for anyone to strike it rich. The forumosa lottery is set up so that only those who have been around for quite a while and generally have already accumulated enough G to buy avatars, signatures and what not before saving up a further $G50 to play the lotto. You are talking nearly G$200. It will take an awful long time for the average poster to earn that much.

Ask yourself, how many posters on average play the guanxi lottery? Ten, twelve. No more than fifteen. That 15 or so is only a small fraction of the number of posters that are active each week. Even worse, it is just a blip compared to the number of people registered on this forum.

The ticket price should be lowered a lot so that more new people would be willing to play and get involved in this board. A lower ticket price would increase participation and could lead to even higher payoffs. More people playing should lead to more winners and not the same old names week after week.

Which leads to the next suggestion.

2. Post a winners list. How about posting a running list of all the winners and not just the most recent winners? If people see a lot of different names they will feel like the lottery is on the level and that everyone has an equal shot at winning. The opposite is also true - the same small bunch of winners gives the appearance that the lotto is rigged.

We all know the lottery doesn’t mean a thing. It is just something fun to do. So why not let more people in the fun and lower the ticket prices. That isn’t too unreasonable is it?

How is the winner selected each week?

You’re right, I do seem to win more often than statistics would predict. :? Here, have a refund :slight_smile: You can work how many bought tickets by the prize, the prize is 500+ 50 per ticket. So if the prize is 1000, 10 tickets were bough 1100 for 12 etc…

Thanks! You are a gentleman and a scholar. But I wouldn’t want to play you in poker! :smiley:

[quote=“Larsen Ni”]Two suggestions for the lottery.

1. Lower the entry cost. G$50 is too expensive. …

2. Post a winners list. How about posting a running list of all the winners and not just the most recent winners?
    [/quote]

Those sound like great ideas, especially the first one. $50 is too much. Is isn’t really fair to newbies.

Those sound like great ideas, especially the first one. $50 is too much. Is isn’t really fair to newbies.[/quote]
Actually, that’s part of the reason the prices are so high. We want to encourage newbies to post, and we want to reward people who contribute to these boards with these “perqs”. Doesn’t mean much IRL, but it keeps things a little interesting. Keep posting - you’ll get there. I still remember helping sandman register for his very first post. He was so excited! And now look at him - 2500 posts and climbing. His mother couldn’t be prouder. :sunglasses:

[quote]I still remember helping sandman register for his very first post.[/quote]Don’t beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes.

Yeah but newbies already have to post a lot to get an avatar or a signature. If they want to play it safe, they can start to gamble only after a long time.
And if they don’t play safe, they may very likely end up with a lot of post and guanxi at all. That’s no very rewarding.

OOOPPSS

sorry, Larsen ni already mentionned that. :blush:
What about a variable entry fee from 10 to 50 guanxis, cycling?
50 is too much for you? Wait next week, you can play for 10. Of course, the jackpot would only be of 100 g$
The week after 20$, base at 200g$ etc etc
Taurus

$G50 is a lot if you don’t have, especially if you lose even that. If you have a cheap one, every one will buy a ticket and you have even less chance to win… How about a cheap one, maybe $G10 or so, and you have many winners, say you have a fixed chance of winning,say 1:10 or 1:5 , and you can win a hundred or so. Just an idea…

But I recommend the bank, it’s much safer, and you still get $G for nothing

What about a random coup d’etat function so that every few months, the Agrarian Workers Collective takes power and redistributes all the wealth being hoarded by the entrenched wealthy guanxi elites? The AWC could reverse people’s post ratings, and then the capitalist roaders would have to live in shame for their former positions in the old society.

What? What? Circle the wagons, Ma, and break out the ammunition. You’ll taste cold steel and hot lead before you get any of my 5,000 guanxis. :stuck_out_tongue:

Try it: forumosa.com/3/lottery.php

Umm, btw, I THINK drawings are at noon – I’m sure they are on Sunday – but you might have to give or take a few hours. Sorry, not everything is a science around here :slight_smile:

[quote=“gus”]

Try it: forumosa.com/3/lottery.php

Umm, btw, I think drawings are at noon – I’m sure they are on Sunday – but you might have to give or take a few hours. Sorry, not everything is a science around here :slight_smile:[/quote]
Hey, lowering the Guanxi lottery entry fee to G$20 is great news Gus! Now I will be able to give it a try once in a while.