Guidance for Chinese Visitors? Comb Your Hair?

I heard someone talking about a news story recently that gives Chinese tourists guidance when visiting Taiwan. Things like “don’t us so RRR so strongly when speaking Mandarin”, “don’t talk loud”, “comb your hair”, etc.

Anyone heard of or seen this? Sounds interesting.

Don’t spit phlegm on the ground.
Don’t stare at waiguoren.
Don’t haggle at fixed-price establishments.
Don’t toss garbage out the tour bus window.
Don’t try to get your photograph posing with dangerous wild animals.

Don’t leave the bathroom door open
Don’t say long live Chairman Mao
Don’t speak at the top of your lungs
Don’t wolf down food and gulp down wine
Don’t honk
Don’t touch the guard when viewing changing of the guards

Don’t come

best advice ever, Stu

There. fixed.

:popcorn:

Don’t rush the counter when there’s a nice orderly queue.

When standing in queue:

Don’t stand so close to the person in front of you that you are breathing into the back of his neck.
Don’t cough into the back of someone’s neck or head.

Don’t take your member out while pushing in line at the urinals.

Those “things” you are running into are people. Adjust accordingly.

:astonished: You’ve seen that before?

Do give the evil eye to those pushy Falun Gong activists.

I guess its like any tourist group going anywhere:
Westerners are informed to not look like whores and infidels
Chinese are told to not like uncultured animals

:astonished: You’ve seen that before?[/quote]
Unfortunately I’ve experienced a brush with it. :noway:
The place was “water running up hill”. You know it? There were several buses full of Chinese tourists. It was quite a disgusting sight (in the bathroom).

:astonished: You’ve seen that before?[/quote]
Unfortunately I’ve experienced a brush with it. :noway:
The place was “water running up hill”. [color=#FF0000]You know it?[/color] There were several buses full of Chinese tourists. It was quite a disgusting sight (in the bathroom).[/quote]
I avoid them like the plague, and I’m quite rude to them, too…

They used to come in big tour bus groups and were easy to spot. Now they are coming individually, which will probably lead to a lot more “choice” encounters like the ones mentioned above. Previously I just dropped the top 10 tourist attractions (Alishan, Kenting, Taroko sadly) off my future travel plans. Now … good lord, is any place safe?

I wouldn’t worry too much about it - pretty much any nationality is at its worst on package tour groups. Individual tourists are usually going to be a bit more sensible and better behaved.

I had to take some clients visiting Taiwan to Gugong today and angrily yelled at some Mainlanders who were pushing them around to get to the front…of the museum exhibit. The reaction I got from the clients was “wow, your Chinese is really good”.