Guide "Tai-chung Unlocked"

While flicking through the pages of Compass magazine, I saw an advert for Tai-chung Unlocked. This guide book is put out by the International Women’s Association of Tai-chung (IWAT).

http://www.iwat.org/pages/1/index.htm

Has anyone seen the book? How is it?

Heard of it never seen it. I suggest you just drive around town and go into every place that you think looks good and tell us.

I saw it: they have a copy inside Smoothies. Looked through it briefly - seemed to be a combo of Compass style listings and asinine ‘oh, isn’t Taiwan different from home’ essays. Nothing you can’t find in the free magazines.

Taichung is one word.

Wolf wrote [quote]Taichung (Taizhong) is one word.[/quote]

Huh? I think everyone knows that. “Wolf” is one word. “Wrote” is also one word, blah blah blah. I cleverly inserted a hyphen between the two characters to trick the auto-pinyiniser. That’s all - relax!

wait, so every time i type the name of a city that has an alternate english spelling, it will automatically be inserted in parentheses afterwords?

No way for me to tell if the author didn’t get it or you were tricking the machine.
Are you suggesting I up my valium intake? :sunglasses:

Wolf wrote: [quote]Are you suggesting I up my valium intake? :sunglasses:[/quote]

No, valium is a dangerously addictive substance and I never prescribe it.
I would suggest drinking more.

Monoxide wrote: [quote]wait, so every time i type the name of a city that has an alternate English spelling, it will automatically be inserted in parentheses afterwords?[/quote]
Hanyu pinyin (but without tone marks) is automatically inserted in parentheses after place names. It pisses me off.