Guiness in Taipei

They talk about this for years! It is about as likely going to happen as it is likely that you would see me attending a KMT convention covered in a french flag.
Cheers! Michel

If you all stopped drinking it instead of bitching about it,there is a good chance that they would have to import it from Ireland

Michael what is your nationality?

OJ, very much doubt the brand owners would care about the sales of Guinness at the present moment. Also it has been said before, stout does not travel well, therefore it would have to be imported by Air and then think how many people would be happy to pay 400NT$ or so a pint just to have the reall stuff from Ireland.

Cheers!

Michel (mostly Swiss)

I prefer Murphy’s Stout :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“lsieh”]I prefer Murphy’s Stout :p[/quote]So do I!

Thank you Bob you are a true gentleman. :notworthy: Next time I see you at Carnegie’s I’ll be sure to buy you a drink or twelve. If you feel adventurous wonder down the road to my place and drinks are on me all night. Really a nice gesture Bob. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Taverncaptain”]OJ, very much doubt the brand owners would care about the sales of Guinness at the present moment. Also it has been said before, stout does not travel well, therefore it would have to be imported by Air and then think how many people would be happy to pay 400NT$ or so a pint just to have the reall stuff from Ireland.

Captain this is nonsense you can get Beamish and Murphy’s in Hong Kong and Japan which tastes great.So I guess that its only Malaysian stout that doesn’t travel well.
No one in there right mind would fly in beer, but there is a rumour going round that you did! is this true?

OJ,

Well another thing then, the brand owners of Guinness would not import it from Ireland, would certainly not tolerate a parallel import and that unfortunately concludes it. I do personally like Murphy’s Draught, had it in Japan as well as Hong Kong. Beamish not my cup of tea, sorry pint of Stout. Reliable importers sometimes do import Beer by Air if there is likely to be a shortage in supply to keep the brand image.Me or my company does not import Beer.

Cheers!

If all you pub owners got together and stopped selling Malaysian Guinness, until the quality problems were fixed you would get some action. However you are a fractious crowd and it is very unlikely that you could ever cooperate with each other.

What tells you that we could not co-operate with each other? OJ, at the end that is the best product available to date and that’s it from my side as far as this topic is concerned. If you like to discuss it further, you know where to find me. Cheers!

Heard through the grapevine that Guiness are not happy with there Taiwan supplier and are looking for another. Hopefully the product can improve

If pubs here can bring in bottles of beer from England I can’t see whay they can’t give us back our bottles of 7.5% Guinness Export from Dublin.

Anyway, Tigerman has introduced me to that chocolate stout from New York (!) which is better than or at least just as good as any bottle of Guinness I’ve ever had anywhere. Wish we could get lots of that.

[quote=“hexuan”]If pubs here can bring in bottles of beer from England I can’t see whay they can’t give us back our bottles of 7.5% Guinness Export from Dublin.[/quote]Save & Safe (Damaijia) has bottles of Guinness Export (8%), brewed in Dublin, for 50NT. At least, the one up the road from me does. I assume Taipei branches will have it as well.

the draft is from Malasia.

Excellent.

Tried a stout from a Taiwanese micro-brewery at the weekend (brewery in Kaohsiung?) Pretty nice actually. A bit sweeter than Guinness, with a hint of chocolate. No head, though. I didn’t miss it but that’s one of the things that a lot of people seem to like about stouts.

Totally agree, the more malt the beer has, the more creamy the head. You should go try a draught Old Speckled Hen. You won’t be disappointed by the head that one gives. It’s the creamiest beer I’ve tried in Taiwan and has a surpisingly high alcohol content at 5.2% for a draught in Taiwan.

whoops

Sorry about the triple post. :blush: