Guitars available for pre order

I really like Jerry’s guitars. His music… I guess it’s not for me. But they were freaking expensive back in the day, and now have astronomical prices:

2 Likes

I feel while some of the comments are constructive and could really be helpful, many of them are simply condescending. Many are comparing me to major factory made guitars and expect the same photogenic presentation, without seeing what quality or substance the product is. While presentation is important to get people to want to buy something, if the product is trash it’s going to be trash no matter the presentation. I’ve seen many factory made guitars to be like this. Awesome presentation but in the end quality control of the actual product is garbage, and the buyer is left holding the bag because dealers in Taiwan refuse to honor warranties or provide any real customer service.

I welcome constructive advise but in the end this thread is not really asking for it. I simply want these guitars to go to a player rather than sit around gathering dust.

How many of the 3 are still available?

All are available at the moment.

Or a website with previous projects. Clear YouTube videos with the guitar being played. Something to give a potential customer some warm fuzzies and an excuse to buy.

Remember that you think differently to most people.

Some posters will be trying to help you. Some will be taking the piss. A few might be attacking you. In general, my feeling is the majority of people posting are genuinely trying to help

I like bench shots. But tidy up a weeee bit and make it look like you’re a craftsman that gives a damn.

2 Likes

I misread that as beach. I was thinking that outdoorsy shots with the completed guitar in the park or by the water would look good as well. I suppose I wonder if the OP purpose is to sell a finished product, in which case, shots of the finished product looking groovy would suffice. On the other hand, if the OP is looking for kudos for the building process, then step by step shots in the shop are fine.

That’s what this guy did. I don’t much like it, but I’m not a guitar builder.

And even at the end he puts the finished guitar on his friggin bed. :roll_eyes:

I used to have a good website. Lack of funding shut that down and I had to resort to using facebook page. It’s a chicken and egg issue. Don’t have enough money to hire a web designer or even keep a web space, yet need those to make money. However in recent years (covid??) the website didn’t really drive business. It was all word of mouth as far as I know.

What would help the most is I get these guitars I’m building now to an owner. It would help with the money issue and those money can be either used to keep the lights on, or have a real webspace, not just some facebook page. Actually the money from these guitars would be used to buy new materials for constructing new guitars, and it would keep relatively affordable hand made guitars on offer.

In fact I could use some help with photography.

Ideas are great but if I can’t execute them (due to lack of fund or ability) they don’t help and can sound condescending at times.

This is what happens when people ask for advice. Some advice will be unsuitable, unhelpful, or not what you want to hear. The only way to avoid this is to not ask for advice.

5 Likes

Low volume, no frills web hosting is cheap as fuck. Something like hostinger would be fine for you.

Even when a website doesn’t drive business, lack of one can prevent interested parties from pulling the trigger.

Can you suggest one? I used hostgator and they wanted about 10 dollars a month, and you have to pay for the whole year at once. Otherwise it’s almost 20 a month. I gotta be able to tie my domain to it. Right now the domain is tied to a facebook page.

That’s basically almost 200 USD I have to pay up front to reactivate my website with Hostgator. When I first joined them they had a promotion where you got an entire year for around 30 USD, but then the prices went way up after the promotion expired (and the year ran its course).

I know you have a Facebook page, do you also have a Google business page. It’s also free.

Yes I do, I believe that mithrandir guy linked to it. He posted testimonials and the picture of the finished guitar to it too.

there’s one mentioned in the post - hostinger. $100.will buy you 4 yrs of a basic site with WordPress support and free ssl.

To be fair, he didn’t come here for advice. Much of this advice has been given on other threads, the responses are predictable.

He came here to tell us that he has 3 guitars available for pre order.

Funny thing. He didn’t come here to “sell” them; salesmanship is not unlike teaching, it is a person-oriented skill that means convincing a disiterested audience. He came here to sell them, thusly

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama

It would be nice if one of us could buy a guitar, or sell it for him :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ok, will have to do this later whenever I can come up with 100 dollars (which I do not have now).

Nice, what’s Acacia like as a sound? How much do you sell the Taiwan Acacia wood guitars for ?

This particular guitar went for 80,000NT.

Acacia I would say sounds a bit like koa, it has similar hardness and density to koa. It looks like koa too.

1 Like

Guitars can be good investments with the right woods. African Blackwood guitars are very expensive and probably they will continue going upwards in price. Depending on wood supply.