Guns 'N' Jesus

If any of you think this thread is an advertisement for a new heavy metal Christian rock band, sorry, that’s not the case. It’s just that I’ve noticed that guns, and you know, Jesus, go very well together. The most religious Christians I know are also the most ardent gun advocates. The other day I noticed bumper stickers on a pick up truck with the following messages:

“WWJD?” (What Would Jesus Do?)
“From my cold dead hands!” (with a drawing of a hand clutching a rifle next to the text)

I suppose it could be kind of a question and answer thing. As in, What would Jesus do? Why, he’d buy guns and die before he’d let anyone take them! That’s my best guess.

Any thoughts?

That is odd.

Somehow, I think that if Jesus were walking the Earth today, playing with guns wouldn’t be at the top of his agenda. Actually, he’d probably be criticised as a soft liberal because I’d imagine he’d be pretty anti-gun.

Fanatics tend to be fanatical about all their beliefs, both secular and religious. You’ll also find that gun control and Jesus ‘go very well together’.

Jesus would have used a cattle prod.

Whatchoo talking about?

Once, in the parking lot of Thunderbird (an international business school), I saw the following bumper sticker:

“God, guns, and guts made America great–let’s keep all three.”

These shirts are cool.

thoseshirts.com/
oh, and while supplies last…

And the award winner…

[quote=“Gao Bohan”]If any of you think this thread is an advertisement for a new heavy metal Christian rock band, sorry, that’s not the case. It’s just that I’ve noticed that guns, and you know, Jesus, go very well together. The most religious Christians I know are also the most ardent gun advocates. The other day I noticed bumper stickers on a pick up truck with the following messages:

“WWJD?” (What Would Jesus Do?)
“From my cold dead hands!” (with a drawing of a hand clutching a rifle next to the text)

I suppose it could be kind of a question and answer thing. As in, What would Jesus do? Why, he’d buy guns and die before he’d let anyone take them! That’s my best guess.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

Those who are most desirous of owning guns usually seem to be the most afraid of signing up for military service where they can carry one legally. So much for “onward christian soldier”.

Remember, the Apocalypse is coming. During the Tribulation, before Jesus returns and Raptures the True Believing Elect to heaven, there’ll be hordes of atheists, pagans, Jews and Muslims prowling around trying to murder Christian babies and drink Christian blood. They need to protect themselves somehow, and they don’t believe that God is powerful enough to do so. So they need guns.

That may not be an accurate statement.
The pundits and politicians who were so keen on invading Iraq were the ones afraid of being in the line of fire.

Dr. McCoy, you missed a few images.

And this one :laughing: Do you think bible interpretation has changed with the times?

Good pics. The chainsaw Jesus is particularly disturbing.

That chainsaw one looks EXACTLY like a former roomie of mine. The face, the eyes, the hair, the gentle soul.

Not really gun related but still funny

Two priests and a nun in my parish were avid hunters. I even went trap shooting with the nun and she gave me shells she had reloaded herself. They shared the meat from the hunts with the parish too-more often the poor illegal immigrant Mexican families.

Guns ain’t bad. They’re dangerous tools that should be respected. The hunters I know have more knowledge of wildlife, conservation and the outdoors than most of the people at Earth First meetings. They train their hunting dogs well and treat them superbly, they pay taxes and fees and licenses and jump through all the hoops the government makes for them.

Most gun nuts I have met are nuts because they’re afraid the Gov. is going to take away something they feel strongly about. “Hey the gov. is going to ban assault rifles. I’d better go out and buy 10 of them and all the ammo I can carry before the ban goes into place.” Are gun laws keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the criminally insane?
I’m going to go out on a limb to say they aren’t.

Black powder weapons can be bought legally over the counter and taken out of the store THE SAME DAY they are purchased. Why? Because it takes a lot of experience and at least a high school math level to know how to load them.
There aren’t many drive by shootings with them and they don’t have the spray and pray potential that some weapons have. You can even carry them in public as long as the firing caps are not in the weapon.

You can’t even carry an unloaded shotgun uncased in a public area in California. See Mulford act http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

Sorry…going out on a tangent.

Jesus wouldn’t hate guns or hunting-hell most of his buddies were fishermen.

do you fish with guns?

Bubba?
Well, yes, he does.
Guns, hand grenades, RPGs, Claymores, he’d probably fish with the EMP generator from the Matrix if he could get one.

220, 230, whatever it takes.

I thin he’s saying Jesus was pro blood sports. Also

Matthew 10:34 - “I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword”

I’m sure He would support missile defense too, the if the US were attacked with nuclear weapons it would shoot them down and turn the other cheek by only retaliating with conventional weapons - tomahawks to take out the air defense followed by round the clock carpetbombing with B52s.

Which is allowed according to scripture, see Soddom and Gomorrah.

Here endeth the sermon. Pick up an Uzi on your way out and cap the first person you meet on the street.

you get a lot of squid that way.

Finally! Chinese Democracy