Gustav rescued!

[Moderator’s note: Original title ‘Maoman needs your help RIGHT NOW !!!’ - but Gustav has been found, so all is hopefully well]

Just got an incoherent phone call from an extremely upset Maoman. His dog got hit by a garbage truck near his buxiban and took off running.
Maoman is certain the dog is badly hurt and doesn’t want him to die alone.
His location is on Heping East Road Section 3, near the Linguang MRT station.
Maoman’s cellphone number is 0935 560 995.
PLEASE FOLKS, DO NOT CALL UNLESS IT IS TO OFFER HELP. HE NEEDS TO KEEP HIS LINE OPEN.

Anyone who can come out to help him find Gustav will have Maoman’s and Vanessa’s undying gratitude.

Good luck.

Update. He’s asked that anyone coming out bring raingear and a flashlight.
He’s also leaving the doors of his buxiban open – 121, Fuyang St, a couple of blocks east of the Jilong/Heping intersection, not far from Bobwundaye. Lights are on, doors are open and there’s a coffee machine.
He’ll be out all night or until he finds the dog.

I can’t do much but hope for the best.

Good luck guys. :frowning:

I’m coming out. Hang in there, Gustav.

Very, very sad to hear that!!! I hope you will find him soon enough and he is not as badly hurt as you are thinking now.

Gustav, Maoman’s Labrador Retriever, was hit by a garbage truck near Maoman’s school and has run away.

We are now organizing a search party to find him. Please help us search. Given the rain and the cold tonight, and that he is certain to be injured, the chances of Gustav surviving through to the morning are dim.

Come to the Linkuang MRT station near the intersection of Ho Ping East Road and Fu Yang Street (not far from Keelung Road / Ho Ping East Road intersection)

Please bring flashlights and rain-gear (but if you wear glasses, you won’t be able to see in the darkness)

Call Maoman at 0935 560 995

LinKuang MRT Area

Unfortunately I currently lack raingear, flashlight, and time, but I hope everything turns out alright!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry, missed the last train in from Tamshui. Hope you find him quickly. If you need my help, I’m free in the afternoon tomorrow-pls pm.

EDIT: Fantastic, well done all of you and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

LATEST UPDATE:

I just spoke with MAOMAN, and GUSTAV was located 1 minute ago. Currently being lifted over a fence, and looks like he will be ok.

FANTASTIC NEWS!! Thanks to all that helped

Rgds, Truant.

Any update? Have they found Gustav yet? Exactly how many people are out looking for him anyway? I’ll go if Maoman still needs people even though I’ve got a temperature, running nose, sore throat and headache…feeling pretty shitty right now. I’d like to know what’s going on though. I’m praying for Gustav. My thoughts are with you guys. Hope that Gustav is fine.

Damn the weather.

Found him. Update later

That’s fantastic to hear. Spares me the decision I was just trying to make about whether I could afford to go out and help look. But infinitely more important it’s great to hear that Gustav is OK and that Anthony and Vanessa won’t lose their baby/

Brian

I was half way there before I got the call that they found him. I’m glad to hear everything turned out ok! :smiley:

Glad to hear.

Thank God. Please keep us posted.

I’ll post this now and Maoman can give you all the whole story when his mind is more clear.

Gustav got checked out at a 24-hour vet for internal injuries and there are none, except for a few scratches. He is unbelievably normal (read happy) considering he got hit hard.

The Mao family will take him to his regular vet tomorrow morning to have him checked out thoroughly.

Thanks to everyone on this board. Thanks to Sandman for letting us know about the situation right away.

Yay! Good to hear everything’s come out OK. Here’s to a speedy recovery from anything that’s worrying Gustav too!

Other than a slight cut on the face all seems to be well…

The only frustrating part about the search was that at least 5 people walked right past him calling his name and he ignored us all.

Tonight for me was a shining example of what forumosa is all about…Getting together in times of trouble to help each other out. Dangermouse, Sandman, 914, Imaniou, Loretta, and god knows who else walking around in the pouring rain with flashlights, peering under cars, walking down basement stairs, exploring windy little hillside streets and generally being wet and miserable. Must have been pretty strange for the locals as one Lao-wai after another meandered down their narrow lanes shouting Gustav’s name.

One of the searchers even had a soda can thrown at them from above…

But in the end, it was Maoman who found him…As it should be.

Thank you everyone for coming out…An awesome display of solidarity in times of trouble. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I was answered by a drunk Russian hiding behind a bottle of Vodka.
:astonished: :unamused:

It was touching to see such a turnout. And nice to see Gustav oblivious to all the mayhem he had caused.

Happy to hear all is well. Gustave is a sweetie.