GWBush's Crappy Illegal Alien policy

[quote=“Hobbes”]Personally, I think Bush’s spending record has been an absolute embarassment.[/quote]Hobbes -
I am in complete agreement. I would add to this President Bushs’ absolute blind eye (capitulation?) to the illegal alien invasion and it attendant economic bomb that is exploding through-out the USA.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Hobbes”]Personally, I think Bush’s spending record has been an absolute embarassment.[/quote]Hobbes -
I am in complete agreement. I would add to this President Bushs’ absolute blind eye (capitulation?) to the illegal alien invasion and it attendant economic bomb that is exploding through-out the USA.[/quote]

I think this is a great topic which deserves its own thread.

Michelle Malkin is very up on this subject, and she also is very distressed about Bush’s crappy policy choices.

Follow the link:

[quote]SHAME ON PRESIDENT BUSH
By Michelle Malkin

Economic devastation of health care facilities due to illegal aliens, crime rate and prison flooding with illegal aliens, economic drain on cash-flow out of US by illegals, rampant criminal enterprise of counterfeit drivers licenses, social security cards and identity theft by groups catering to illegal aliens, non-extradition of muders by Mexico for crimes in USA, refusal of exican trucks to meet USA DOT safety standards, “anchor babies,” in-state college tuition fee’s for illegal aliens at US Colleges while charging US citizens out-of-state (higher tuition fees), MS-13 and other criminal gangs composed mainly of illegal aliens, police not allowed to ‘profile’ repeat illegal aliens offenders, …and the list goes on.

“Illegal aliens” is the engine that drives California’s economy. It is also driving the economies of several other States. Who is picking those Washington Apples when the oranges are gone in the Valley?

I have worked with many illegals. Most of who are good, hard working people (individualized stories upon request). That being said it is those second or third dudes that you have to worry about.

“Illegal aliens” is the engine that drives California’s economy. It is also driving the economies of several other States. Who is picking those Washington Apples when the oranges are gone in the Valley?

I have worked with many illegals. Most of who are good, hard working people (individualized stories upon request). That being said it is those second or third dudes that you have to worry about.[/quote]

Yup, most are there for the work and the work alone. The Restaurant and Hotel Industries DEPEND on illegals and constanly fight the government to make the laws more strict. Without them the R&H industries would probably collapse.

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Yup, most are there for the work and the work alone. The Restaurant and Hotel Industries DEPEND on illegals and constanly fight the government to make the laws more strict. Without them the R&H industries would probably collapse.[/quote]

And also, they are good people…trying to do the same thing we are doing here in Taiwan. At least in California, they are not only working hard but also trying to do the right thing. It is those second/third generation folks who fuck things up.

Just to eep the thread going…

What part of illegal is unclear?

These people have crossed the border illegally.
Mexico is using the US as a dumping ground for Mexicans who cannot find work in Mexico due to his failed economic programs. And rather than reform, he sends them to invade his northern neighbor, leech off the US health care system and sicoal program network while sending the bulk of their earnings back to Ol Mexico rather than invest in the USA. The money sent to Mexico from its illegals in the USA is the largest income after petroleum exports. Its #2 with a bullet.

This also has legal immigrants in an uproar also.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Just to eep the thread going…

These people have crossed the border illegally.
Mexico is using the US as a dumping ground for Mexicans who cannot find work in Mexico due to his failed economic programs. And rather than reform, he sends them to invade his northern neighbor, leech off the US health care system and sicoal program network while sending the bulk of their earnings back to Ol Mexico rather than invest in the USA. The money sent to Mexico from its illegals in the USA is the largest income after petroleum exports. Its #2 with a bullet.[/quote]

I hear what you are saying…I agree, man. I do.

How can they leech off the US Health Care Program when there isn’t one? :wink:

A while back I looked into buying some land near my folks. It had 15 acres of citrus and a nice, old house…I like old houses…ghosts rock. Short of cash…called BoA… and they laughed at me!.. and I had a few dollars in their bank…they told me me that they don’t provide land loans to anyone asking for less than 50,000 ag acres.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]I hear what you are saying…I agree, man. I do.
How can they leech off the US Health Care Program when there isn’t one? :wink:
A while back I looked into buying some land near my folks. It had 15 acres of citrus and a nice, old house…I like old houses…ghosts rock. Short of cash…called BoA… and they laughed at me!.. and I had a few dollars in their bank…they told me me that they don’t provide land loans to anyone asking for less than 50,000 ag acres.[/quote]DB -
I am no fan of BoA. I have horror stories about them dating back to the late '70’s thru the '80’s with their loans to shaky or non-existent foreign agencies using US Gov’t secured(read:US taxpayer) monies for these notes. A personal buddy of mine in San Francisco did thee for BoA during that time. He actually had a quota to meet every month of these shaky loans. BoA didn’t care what foreign agency got the money - they knew it was coming from Uncle Sam if the originators defaulted. He made a killing nut he felt so damn guilty he quit his very successful($$$) banking career as a result.
I would look into a local funding source for the property if you are still interested. Sounds like a nice place from your brief description.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
I would look into a local funding source for the property if you are still interested. Sounds like a nice place from your brief description.[/quote]

Yeah, it is really awesome…I just decided to forgo the banks. :s

It’s obvious that short of setting up a Berlin Wall to the 10,000 power along the Rio Grande, there’s no stopping the waves of Mexican immigrants to the U.S. So, the U.S. and Mexico should be realistic. The U.S. and Mexico could reach some sort of agreement to allow in more legal immigrants, or guestworkers on a temporary basis (harvesting season). A more pragmatic immigrant policy that owns up to reality would help matters a lot more than the current one. If the legal quote for Mexican immigrants weren’t so unrealistically low, there wouldn’t be so many coming in illegally. At least if they are legal they have to pay taxes.

I can’t see any problem with illegals sending money home. Presumably they didn’t steal the money meaning they added value in the US and were paid accordingly. I’m sure the government of Taiwan doesn’t begrudge us sending home our savings. (Well maybe a little by strictly controling work permits)

There may or may not be an issue surrounding lost employment opportunities to legal Americans. US unemployment rates, however, are generally low by global standards. There is likely a loss of tax income but that presumably is from fairly low-end wage earners for the most part.

I’m sure there is some drag on the social security system, but whether the overall economic impact is negative, I don’t know but I’m sure there have been many studies on it.

Mobility of Labor in terms imported labor has a broaderbased positive impact for regional America. The other possibility is for the capital to move to Mexico. This is likely the case in garment industries etc., but it’s hard to move your agricultural land or tourism industries.

yet another feather in Dubya’s cap.

this has nothing to do with the immigrants health and welfare. its about supplying agri-business with cheap labor.

how much money is he pocketing from these multi-national corporations?

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Just to eep the thread going…

These people …
… leech off the US health care system and social program network while sending the bulk of their earnings back to Ol Mexico …[/quote]

I hear what you are saying…I agree, man. I do.

How can they leech off the US Health Care Program when there isn’t one? :wink: [/quote]
Ever heard of an emergency room (ER)?

Illegals flood the ER rooms because they cannot be refused treatment. The ER does whatever is necessary – oh, baby has the sniffles, ok, here’s some Sudafed and a snot-sucker, senyorita, and where shall we send the bill?

Oh yeah – all the suckers who pay for health insurance get the bill when THEY go to the ER for real emergencies. Illegals giving false information, or just ignoring their bills, means that YOU pay when YOU go in for a broken arm, or a heart attack, or whatever. Your ER bills are at least double what they otherwise would be, because of illegal aliens. Heard anyone bitching about the cost of healthcare or health insurance in the U.S. lately?

[quote=“Hondu Grease”]yet another feather in Dubya’s cap.

this has nothing to do with the immigrants health and welfare. its about supplying agri-business with cheap labor.

how much money is he pocketing from these multi-national corporations?[/quote]

You know, with a little elbow grease, you could find the answers. Agri-business you say? One might be able to find the biggest agri-corporations in the US and track their political donations online. I’d be very interested to know this too.

It would be nice to have a president in office who would pay attention to getting our own house in order for a change. I was hoping Dubya was the man for the job when I voted for him the first time around.

When the Republican Party becomes part of the problem rather than part of the solution who you gonna call?

Not the Democrats. They’re worse than the Republicans. :laughing:

Spook, the floor is yours.

What should be done?

Let’s not be cryptic…why do you think Dems are worse than Rep when it comes to Illegal Aliens?

Be clear. :slight_smile:

God bless each and every one of those illegals. You will not have free trade unless you have free movement of goods and services.

The illegal immigrant situation is a joke. It spawns crime and indifference to the rule of law. Something should be done. I believe strongly that a guest worker program would work along with serious enforcement of the border. The problem is that there is no political will for this. The politician that makes a name for himself will do so with this issue. Nothing riles up a country’s population more than the idea of foreigners taking there jobs and women.

CYA,
Okami