"gynius"

what a great name for a school: Gynius. is this a female only school? for the life of me i can’t fathom why one’s anatomy/gender needs to incorporated into the name of a school. everyone is aware of what the prefix gyn- means right? musta been a genius who thought that one up. hopefully the fad’ll catch on. :laughing:

It’s about as bad as the buxiban American AGKsion. It took me a long time to figure that one out…

I was about to say that I don’t have time, but I think I get it. Ugh!

On Hainan Island, China, there is a ‘seaside’ conference centre at a place called Boao which hosts an annual (?) meeting of top people from around Asia. It’s called the Boao Forum for Asia and the meeting chamber, being by the sea, is called … wait for it … ‘the aquapolis’

Nice one centurion!

I bet their list of verbs that they teach is quite interesting. :shock:

skeptic yank wrote:

Maybe the owner was educated at the Proctius management school. :shock:

They repainted the place through the letterbox.

I rather like the name of that school. Gynius. It’s ingynious!

Why not? It’s their country, it’s their Chinglish! Who are we to interfere? Laugh if you like, but it’s their show.

How would we do writing Chinese characters in our signboards? Chinglish is as real as English. Sit back and enjoy the ride, and maybe, for ten minutes, get off your high horse.

Who says genius has to be spellllllllled that way? I love “Gynius”… it deconstructs the entire thing… hehe

Besides, the G in gynecology is prounouced differently from the G in gynius.

“Satan’s Language Center” – A hell of a way to learn English.

How do you know how they pronounce it? Gynius with a ‘hard’ g sounds right to me.

‘Trust me, I’m from Gynius.’ - has to be from an Arnie movie??

How do you know how they pronounce it? Gynius with a ‘hard’ g sounds right to me.

‘Trust me, I’m from Gynius.’ - has to be from an Arnie movie??[/quote]I assumed it is prounouced like ‘genius’, no ? Or does it sound stupid as well as look stupid ?

Hey, if a job’s worth doing it’s worth doing well. They’ve obviously decided to go for the ‘stupid approach’ so it probably sounds as stupid as it looks.

Bad things happen in 3s…

I believe it’s pronounced guy-nee-oose, or at least that’s the way it would be pronounce if I were calling up for an interview.

Hey, if a job’s worth doing it’s worth doing well. They’ve obviously decided to go for the ‘stupid approach’ so it probably sounds as stupid as it looks.

Bad things happen in 3s…[/quote]

Bad things happen in 3s…?

Hey tmwc, you are supposed to be sailing some 47 foot yacht from Hong Kong right about now. What is going on? Miss the boat?

Larsen, nope, the whole adventure was called off at the last moment due to an alleged tropical storm forming to the north of TW.

Won’t be able get everyone together again 'til October. Bit of a bugger really, I was so looking forward to being able to tear myself away from this bloody computer.