Ha! - Another Traffic Rule That Will Not be Enforced

[quote]Legal limit on vehicles idling set to be enforced
Starting next year, most vehicles will be banned from idling for more than three minutes while parked at the side of a road, the Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) said yesterday.
[/quote]

Why would they keep adding new traffic rules when no one enforces them …?

Ha … which is 200 days a year … especially in big cities … where the new rule would be needed …

No worries. You can still doublepark! :+)

Rules are made only because the politicians had a rare day of non filibustering and wanted to make rules…any kinda rule. They are made to be disregarded until a few days before elections.

Speaking of new rules, the missus told me that we now have to use the seatbelts in the backseat. According to what she read the law came into play on April first this year but that the people had until August first this year to start implementing the new rules. So are you wearing a seatbelt in the back seat???

Funny … are most people actually wearing a seat belt?

I know several sets of soul-destroying traffic lights that must be more than 3 minutes long on a red. Perhaps the government should concentrate on the water gushing over the top of the dam instead of plugging the small hole in the wall with their finger.

Absolutely. In fact, before we bought a car (specifically so that rear seat belts would be available), we routinely refused to get in taxis that didn’t have functioning rear seat belts. Pissed a lot of drivers off, too. :laughing: But there’s a thread on that.

1 Like

Absolutely. In fact, before we bought a car (specifically so that rear seat belts would be available), we routinely refused to get in taxis that didn’t have functioning rear seat belts. Pissed a lot of drivers off, too. :laughing: But there’s a thread on that.[/quote]

I don’t blame you. I’ve been in a few taxis whose drivers are just plain scary. i couldn’t decide whether to close my eyes so I didn’t have to watch, or keep them open and make sure the driver got me to where I was going.

they are following the same kind of law of Hong Kong.

I’m curious how this will work out over time:

“Motorists who stop on yellow lines by the roadside to pick up or drop off children under the age of seven would no longer be required to move their vehicles after three minutes …”

"Drivers ferrying children aged seven or under to and from school are exempt from observing a three-minute rule for temporary parking, although the rule does not include waiting time.

Previously, only disabled drivers were eligible for such waivers.

While drivers are still banned from parking at curbs where red lines are drawn, they would not be fined if they are ferrying children to and from school and only need to park temporarily, provided that they do not block traffic for other people or vehicles."

index

Wang pointed out that malicious tailgating threatens the safety of others and that he witnesses such behavior on a regular basis. He said it is a sign of poor driving culture and that complete reform is necessary.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There is much more wrong with Taiwanese driving culture than just tailgating!
Increasing fines without any enforcement is just populism.

On daily basis I see drivers …

• running red lights (scooters especially)
  • driving slowly in the takeover lane on the highway forcing others to take over on the right
  • using turning lanes at intersections to go straight avoiding waiting with others
  • entering an intersection when the light is about to turn red when there is traffic, blocking the intersection when the others get green light
  • ignoring the right of way
4 Likes

“He said it is a sign of poor driving culture and that complete reform is necessary.”

Ha! :man_dancing: :popcorn:

1 Like

Remember when they cracked down on cars not yielding to pedestrians on zebra crossings? That crackdown lasted a few days at most.

1 Like

This is just saying, park your car, no one gives a damn, go shopping, have a coffee.

1 Like

“Currently, drivers who tailgate or use another method of forcing other vehicles to give way are subject to a fine…”

It pisses me off when people do give way. It reinforces this driving. I just ignore them and follow the speed limit exactly. If on the freeway, I’ll get over to a slower lane. But not if the guy appears out of nowhere and is driving very close.

This is actually helping because it is automatic. Those should be everywhere.

2 Likes

I’ve seen buses and trucks do this regularly on the highway. Really dangerous.

2 Likes

Badly needed where I live, up past songshan airport. Lot of dickheads racing their cars round Tayou Rd at night.

1 Like

Buses and truck drivers are ‘uber-human’ thanks to binlang and Taiwan Wisby. They have a reaction time of -1 sec.

2 Likes