HAARP/Haiti conspiracy

I just can’t take it. I don’t get it. Mass emails in my mailbox have cropped, from sources known, I’m afraid. Friends, family, classmates from school, highschool and university, even college professors… Everyone feels the need to inform me, with attached videos, pictures, in short or long articles, that the US caused the Haiti earthquake while testing their [wikipedia]HAARP[/wikipedia] weapon that they will use to invade Iran.

:doh:

Sigh

I think I preferred when they told me they hated Taiwan because in Taiwan “people eat fetuses” (remember that one?)

The fact that Gorila Chaves supports this notion gives it less credibility in my eyes. How is it that in spite of US less inherence in the region, these idioticies are given 5 minutes of educated people’s time?

It’s just not a good-enough conspiracy until Glenn Beck mentions it in conjunction with ACORN.

Wait till Chaves see our next ultra-super-secret weapon.

It melts and then inflates silicon. All those beautiful "modified’ beauty contestants in Venezuela will puff up like balloons!

Aliens. I smell aliens.

Paging Agent Scholl. Paging Agent Scholl.

HAARP made a believer outta me. It can’t get much stupider than this - Hugo Chavez as a source information. Funny how he’s become so important to all the right-wing Ron Paul nuts.

[quote=“cfimages”]Paging Agent Scholl. Paging Agent Scholl.[/quote]Awwww man, you’re so cute!
You paged me! You paged me!!!

I’ve even got goose bumps. And a good giggle.
Thanks.

But dude, really, you need to know, all I’m waiting for from you is
if you’ve by now[/i] to spot the boeing[/u].
Have you? Since you disappeared, I figure ‘not yet’.

But on HAARP, wasn’t Haiti hit by an earthquake?
I thought HAARP is said to have something to do with weather?

ScottSommers - I’m simply amazed. Maybe you’re not so bad.
cfimages opened a door to hurl some spit, and you didn’t.
Maybe unlike cfimages, we know the research challenge remains open.

Ron Paul nuts?

The man is a true American.
Totally wants what’s right for the people and not the corporations.

No-one propping him up like the corporations are propping up Obama, the Clintons or the Bush family.

I think you should refer to the deranged and fake Glen Beck as a ‘right wing’ nut.

Or the Christian Fundamentalist, Pat Robertson who said “they [Haiti] got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said we will serve you if get us Freedom from France. True Story”

Ron Paul is anti-abortion, which gives lie to his claim to be a libertarian.

I have sought but not found Hugo Chavez’s comments on the issue, which leads me to suspect that he said no such thing. I have only seen that his comments were reported in some nameless Spanish newspaper. If Chavez really did say that he thought the US caused the Haiti earthquake, someone please post a link to the source.

[quote=“Juba”]
I have sought but not found Hugo Chavez’s comments on the issue, which leads me to suspect that he said no such thing. I have only seen that his comments were reported in some nameless Spanish newspaper. If Chavez really did say that he thought the US caused the Haiti earthquake, someone please post a link to the source.[/quote]

I found the newspaper article if you’d like that.

ABC.ES Newspaper

[quote]
El antiamericano Gobierno de Venezuela, en su habitual paranoia contra el imperio yanqui, asegura que el seísmo de Haití «es resultado de una prueba de la Marina estadounidense», y denuncia que lo que devastó el país caribeño fue «un terremoto experimental de EE.UU.».

Si hace diez días Hugo Chávez sacó de internet la foto de un avión de guerra y acusó a Washington de violar el espacio aéreo venezolano, ahora culpa directamente al tío Sam de arrasar Haití «con estas pruebas en cuyo objetivo final está el plan de destruir Irán con una serie de terremotos diseñados para derrocar a su régimen islámico».

La imaginación del presidente bolivariano se basa en un presunto informe «preparado por la Flota Rusa del Norte» y publicado en la web de la televisión estatal Vive. «La Flota del Norte monitorea las actividades navales de EE.UU. en el Caribe desde 2008, cuando Washington restableció la Cuarta Flota que había sido disuelta en 1950 y Rusia comenzó sus primeros ejercicios en la zona desde la Guerra Fría».

El supuesto informe compara, según Caracas, «esta última prueba con otra en el Pacífico la semana pasada que causó un terremoto de 6.5 grados en California, sin provocar muertes, a diferencia de la tragedia haitiana». El texto concluye: «Es más que probable que EE.UU. conociera el daño que provocaría porque había posicionado en Haití a su comandante del Comando del Sur, el general P. K. Keen, para supervisar las labores de ayuda si fuesen necesarias». [/quote]

As for video of Chavez saying it himself, I haven’t been able to find that. I don’t know where to look for videos from Venezuelan state run TV.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Wait till Chaves see our next ultra-super-secret weapon.

It melts and then inflates silicon. All those beautiful "modified’ beauty contestants in Venezuela will puff up like balloons![/quote]

ROFLMAO!!

I found the newspaper article if you’d like that.

ABC.ES Newspaper

[quote]
El antiamericano Gobierno de Venezuela, en su habitual paranoia contra el imperio yanqui, asegura…etc.[/quote][/quote]
Muchas gracias for finding the report which begins “The anti-American government of Venezuela, in its habitual paranoia against the Yankee empire…”

…which does not make it sound like a very objective source. I very much doubt that Chavez ever said any such thing, and I’m not the only one. Check out this report from Radio Free Europe and the comments that follow (which are in reverse chronological order): The ‘U.S. Caused The Haiti Earthquake’ Meme…Note that the report from Russia’s RT says that Chavez made such an assertion, while showing you pictures of Chavez speaking and reporters listening, thereby giving the impression that he is saying what the report says he said, while actually you can’t hear him say anything at all. A shoddy old trick.

Well, its true (es verdad) we did cause the earthquake. Just because we could. And Hugo knows it.
Its part of our clever plan to de-stabilize Venezuela and claim its untold wealth(oil) for our own devices…mwahahahahah!
Hugo knows this…and it haunts his dreams…eeevil gringos…mwahahahahahahahhhaaaaa!

“Give to me the soul brother handshake Barry”

“Por favor, read my good friends book. Our operators are waiting to take your calls”

“Digame, wha chu think? Bigger?”

[color=#FF0000]El Yanqui Imperio revuelte’![/color]

This picture is all we need to know really. Anybody who can’t figure out how earthquakes are caused…well?!?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7487196

Guys, the point is that if it was just Gorila Chaves, I wouldn’t have even bothered to save it in my “Chaves jokes” file -there are some really good ones- but the problem is that aside from him, I’m getting files from educated people who really, really, suspect there is something going on more than just tectonic plate movement. From Chaves, it’s expected to call the US of A anything but El Coco, but seeing such a disparate theory receive such a welcome, it’s unnerving.

The Great Turtle changed his position of rest.

Abortion is actually an issue that libertarians can’t agree over. From the pro-abortion camp, they say that no one else should coerce anyone else into living their life a particular way and they make the typical arguments from there that you’d expect liberals to make. From the anti-abortion camp, they say that no one should do harm to another, including an unborn baby.

Surely, for a moment, you can see past your desire to criticise Ron Paul and understand the often heated disagreement over abortion within the libertarian movement. Libertarians can be pretty self-righteous about anyone whom they consider not to be the genuine article at times, but this is an issue where there’s no general consensus over who’s more hardcore than whom.

Actual Caribbean Plate Tectonics map Big Quakes Common in Caribbean: BIG PIC MAP <== link. ( for those who would rather not visit ‘that other’ web site.)

“The above map shows known earthquakes equivalent to or greater in magnitude than this week’s disaster. The frequency is striking: there have been twenty such events over the past four centuries, including five in Haiti since 1751.”

Plate Tectonics…Learn it…Live it…Love it.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Actual Caribbean Plate Tectonics map Big Quakes Common in Caribbean: BIG PIC MAP <== link. ( for those who would rather not visit ‘that other’ web site.)

“The above map shows known earthquakes equivalent to or greater in magnitude than this week’s disaster. The frequency is striking: there have been twenty such events over the past four centuries, including five in Haiti since 1751.”

Plate Tectonics…Learn it…Live it…Love it.[/quote]

The real irony of all this is that the nut cases of America are forcing people like you and me to agree on things.

Should we agree on this? Isn’t it just proof that the Imperialists or the Reptilian overlords or the vegans had HARP earthquake technology back then? And you know, I have proof that the Russians had weather control technology during WWII. That’s why the winters of 1942 and 1943 were the worst in history. Weather control…HARP earthquakes…just gotta be.