Had an accident? Going to have one? Look here first

I’m glad everything went (relatively) well and that she was ordered to pay. Hopefully the beyatch is able to keep up with her payments; does she risk prison time/additional fines if she’s late?

Judge said if she misses a payment, we go back to court and they force her to pay the total amount in one go.

She stopped paying. She only made one payment. Back to court I go.
Additional information: If she cannot pay, they will sell her property to pay me. If she has no property (in her name), I’m screwed. :doh:

That is why I have no property in my name… But… let me think… if my wife gets into an accident then I will lose everything… I have to make a third son, and put it all in his name. :slight_smile: ( He wont drive for 18 years) Ha ha ha

Sorry to hear about your misshapps. Hope it turns for the best.

Did a property and tax search on her. Cost $500nt. She doesn’t have anything.
All I can do is notify the court and wait. I don’t know what happens next. There might be another court meeting.
Maybe m13 and I stakeout her house to see if she’s got a job. :shh:

Just read through this whole thing, nice one for sticking with it for so long.
In these situations when you are foreign you will always be taken advantage of more and most likely screwed.
You have to be a real sly piece of crap in order to win in these situations, usually by knowing dodgy people or being good with manipulating others… its sad to say that the legal system will never protect you even if you are 100% in the right.

Maybe staking out her house, finding out where she works and embaressing her in front of her co-workers would do the trick… you know the whole taiwan face thing usually wins 90% of these cases (the other 10% is rolling on the floor crying).
Not that im recommending this course of action :laughing:

[quote=“Marty”]Did a property and tax search on her. Cost $500nt. She doesn’t have anything.
All I can do is notify the court and wait. I don’t know what happens next. There might be another court meeting.
Maybe m13 and I stakeout her house to see if she’s got a job. :shh:[/quote]

Dude…Same thing has happened to me…The fuckwit inbred prick of a mouthbreather that almost killed me in 2006 stopped paying me last winter…regardless of how many legal processes I could (or could have) start to get the remainder of what he owes me, since he’s an ex-con he doesn’t have more than the money in his pocket (which isn’t much)…

You know, when you we see these people driving like they have nothing to lose, it’s because they really ‘do’ have nothing to lose.

It depends on the job. But I’ve actually seen this work. I was brought a long as the thought that a laowai face might make him lose even more face. He was a TV exec who owed my old boss 50 grand. He went right down to the ATM and paid it.

It depends on the job. But I’ve actually seen this work. I was brought a long as the thought that a laowai face might make him lose even more face. He was a TV exec who owed my old boss 50 grand. He went right down to the ATM and paid it.[/quote]

I knew a foreigner who was owed money by a school. No matter what they wouldn’t pay. He brought along good looking well dressed Taiwan man who just stood behind and said nothing while he asked again for the money owed to him and the principal said “Oh…you brought a friend…” and gave him the money.

Kinda off topic…but I was reminded of that.

Oh no! You didn’t bring a well dressed man did you?! Argh :astonished:
Sounds like a Monty Python sketch. “Bring out the…comfy chair!” :laughing:
Well, whatever works in the end I guess. :sunglasses:

Maybe I could bring some “heavies” along. Some of my woman’s cousins look like mobsters.
Looks like this CNY the bitch is going to get a visit! Kind of fitting, too. It’ll be the 2 year anniversary of my accident this CNY. :bow:

[quote=“Marty”]Maybe I could bring some “heavies” along. Some of my woman’s cousins look like mobsters.
Looks like this CNY the bitch is going to get a visit! Kind of fitting, too. It’ll be the 2 year anniversary of my accident this CNY. :bow:[/quote]

I’ve heard it said that you can sell your debt to the mob. They pay you half of what she owes…and then put it on themselves to collect the full amount. I think you need to sign it over to them or something.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
I’ve heard it said that you can sell your debt to the mob. They pay you half of what she owes…and then put it on themselves to collect the full amount. I think you need to sign it over to them or something.[/quote]
Sale of private debt to gangsters now comes with legal consequences. If you sell debt to someone else, and that someone else uses illegal tactics to recover that debt, you can be held liable under the law for their damages. In other words, if you sell the debt to gangsters then you better hope they do not actually harm the debtor in the recovery, or even use illegal methods to intimidate him into paying. You are opening yourself to full legal consequences of the actions of individuals you cannot control.

While debtors, drunk drivers and hit-and-run artists get no compassion from me, and especially those who’ve put all three together, kindly refrain from advocating or promoting illegal acts on Forumosa. Thank you.

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“Mordeth”]
I’ve heard it said that you can sell your debt to the mob. They pay you half of what she owes…and then put it on themselves to collect the full amount. I think you need to sign it over to them or something.[/quote]
Sale of private debt to gangsters now comes with legal consequences. If you sell debt to someone else, and that someone else uses illegal tactics to recover that debt, you can be held liable under the law for their damages. In other words, if you sell the debt to gangsters then you better hope they do not actually harm the debtor in the recovery, or even use illegal methods to intimidate him into paying. You are opening yourself to full legal consequences of the actions of individuals you cannot control.

While debtors, drunk drivers and hit-and-run artists get no compassion from me, and especially those who’ve put all three together, kindly refrain from advocating or promoting illegal acts on Forumosa. Thank you.[/quote]

Considering the police and debt buyers are often one in the same…I don’t think anyone would need fear repercussions of their actions.

And as you said it’s only illegal if the debt buyers do something illegal. Which sounds to me like it’s still legal to sell debt.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
Considering the police and debt buyers are often one in the same…I don’t think anyone would need fear repercussions of their actions.

And as you said it’s only illegal if the debt buyers do something illegal. Which sounds to me like it’s still legal to sell debt.[/quote]
I’ve heard often the police force described as the second career choice for the guys who fail the gangster exam, so don’t insult the gangsters by lumping them in with the cops. :wink:

I’m not sure on the whole debt-selling thing. There were new laws introduced when banks started to sell bad credit card debt to ‘collection agencies’ that were no more than fronts for the gangs. I don’t know what the actual laws are now beyond the part about the seller still being responsible for the action of collectors. Maybe you guys can research that one before advising it as a course of action in public, on this forum. Thanks.

Hey guys. I know there are plenty of warnings here about riding a bike/scooter without a licence, but here’s a further warning. It’s a really bad idea to ride if you don’t have health insurance!

A friend’s friend just wiped out badly. Broke his leg in a few places. He didn’t have health insurance (dunno why, perhaps working illegally or something?) but his hospital bill is something like 200 000NT. Also, from what I’ve been told he’s gonna be hobbling around in a walker for the next year, and may never regain full leg function, and will have to have many more surgeries in coming years. :cry:

Be careful out there chaps.

[quote=“trapjaw”]Hey guys. I know there are plenty of warnings here about riding a bike/scooter without a licence, but here’s a further warning. It’s a really bad idea to ride if you don’t have health insurance!

A friend’s friend just wiped out badly. Broke his leg in a few places. He didn’t have health insurance (dunno why, perhaps working illegally or something?) but his hospital bill is something like 200 000NT. Also, from what I’ve been told he’s gonna be hobbling around in a walker for the next year, and may never regain full leg function, and will have to have many more surgeries in coming years. :cry:

Be careful out there chaps.[/quote]
Over the years I have met so many people who have been at the mercy of incompetent surgeons and come out with permanent disabilities that I could write a book about it. Then there is a whole other category of sod’s law for people who had no money for incompetent surgeons.

Being careful is great advice, but ‘get insurance’ is so much more useful and to the point. :wink:

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“Mordeth”]

And as you said it’s only illegal if the debt buyers do something illegal. Which sounds to me like it’s still legal to sell debt.[/quote]
I’ve heard often the police force described as the second career choice for the guys who fail the gangster exam, so don’t insult the gangsters by lumping them in with the cops. :wink:

I’m not sure on the whole debt-selling thing. There were new laws introduced when banks started to sell bad credit card debt to ‘collection agencies’ that were no more than fronts for the gangs. I don’t know what the actual laws are now beyond the part about the seller still being responsible for the action of collectors. Maybe you guys can research that one before advising it as a course of action in public, on this forum. Thanks.[/quote]

Still sound illegal to sell it to the mob - it’s not like you’re selling it to KGI or something. Oh wait…

…or how driving in civilized countries reduces thereof :doh:

liveleak.com/view?i=505_1274065675

Well, if you ride bicycle, scooter this way (blindly trusting other road users) you better walk (Taiwan or not)

On bicycle, scooter the moment you see car approaching you should slow down to judge what will be driver decision - you have a longer braking distance than car and stability issues.
At 0.08 it is pretty obvious driver would need to brake abruptly to stop at the line - he can’t see you or decided to ignore you - you better do something.

In the car my reaction at 0:09 would be slam the brakes and hit horn and high beams. (version of shock therapy for suicidal drivers) - it’s still enough time to stop.

ok that was kinda graphic to watch at work since he dripped some blood then it gushed out, O U C H!!!

that’s common in western world. no one pays attention and everyone thinks they got the right of way. hell i seen a lady walk out of a store and get creamed by a kid on a bicycle. clearly both parties seen each and had enough time to react…still got creamed.