Halal Restaurants

Halal beef noodles.

張家清真黃牛肉麵館 (Chang’s Beef Noodles Shop) — Muslim Halal Restaurant
No. 21, Yanping South Road,
https://goo.gl/maps/ZLPEisTiK2T2

You never heard of cereal killers???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes! There are two Chinese Muslim places side-by-side on this small stretch of Yanping South Road, just south of Beimen. The one of the left (forgot the name) is really reasonably priced. It’s a pleasure to swing by there and pick up a zhua bin jia dan (green onion pancake with egg)–delicious! : D

Guy

When you have all food are halal/kosher (think living in predominantly Muslim/Jewish community/country), the non-halal/kosher would feel more delicious.
When you have all food are non-halal/kosher (say living in Taiwan), the halal/kosher would feel more delicious.
Don’t believe me? You are welcome to try of course.

That shop’s very noodles are very pricey. Way over the average price.

You haven’t answered the question. :unamused:

You will notice sir that I recommended their zhubin ja dan (green onion pancake with a nice fresh egg). This tasty dish costs me a staggering NT$40. If you think this is “very pricey” now in central Taipei, well, that’s your business. For me, I am very happy to have this place around as I am not a fan of beef noodles, here or elsewhere. : D

Guy

1 Like

What are “very noodles”??
And if they’re “very”, how can there be an “average” price??

1 Like

Jeez, you don’t miss much, do you?

If I were you I’d be a lot more concerned about entering a dialogue with a dude named cake who doesn’t eat cereal. Something off about that whole deal.

Talk about getting what you pay for!

What, they don’t have cereal-free soap on whatever space barge you call home? :roll_eyes:

Soap?
What’s that?

Soap = raccoon.

Is the government doing something to incentivize the opening of Halal restaurants? I’ve noticed new ones popping up, but don’t know if its the market, or something from the government encouraging people to try and open something to help with attracting more people from SE Asia.

There seems to be a lot more Indonesian workers these days.

It’s a combination of halal food being a growing market and increasingly more Muslims in Taiwan. Taiwan’s trade development council is also helping restaurants apply for the halal certification, many of the food like beef noodle soup are already halal so why not? Tourism commission is also actively trying to appeal to SE Asian countries where Muslims are to come and sell Taiwan as a Muslim friendly place. I saw a lot of ads in Malaysia about how Taiwan is very Muslim friendly with many halal food options and mosques to visit.

1 Like

Does Halal meat taste better? I’ve never knowingly tried it before, but does not stunning the animal and instead making it bleed to death make the protein more tender?

I think it taste exactly the same, some have said it taste better others have thought it taste worse. I heard it might be more bitter since the animal doesn’t die right away.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Surely the panic and adrenaline would toughen the meat.

Where does halal meat in Taiwan come from?