Halloween contacts lenses

Anyone know if there’s a place to buy these in Taiwan?

discount-lenses.com/blog/buy … act-lenses

I would like to get a set for a theatrical performance

thanks

There is this guy in Xindian -corner of Jienguo and Minzhuan, close to Tzu Chi Hospital- who has cat eyes and other quirky lenses. Let me have a look and I’ll report back. You have given me a great cosplay idea, thanks. :smiley:

There’s a magic shop (or several) at Ximen… might have what you need.

ok, first off there is no Minzhuan rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a “Minquan” and a “Minzu” but no “Minzhaun”

secondly, after having gone to both intersections there is no one in the area selling halloween contacts, only the regular eye colour changing ones.

I don’t know who gave you that tip, but it turned out to be a dud.

[quote=“upandover”]ok, first off there is no Minzhuan Rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a “Minquan” and a “Minzu” but no “Minzhaun”

secondly, after having gone to both intersections there is no one in the area selling halloween contacts, only the regular eye colour changing ones.

I don’t know who gave you that tip, but it turned out to be a dud.[/quote]
There’s gratitude for you! :bravo:

gratitude for you! :bravo:

Spent 2 hours looking for a store that doesn’t exist…
misleading, time wasting information is nothing to be “grateful” for

Icon, a stalwart of highly useful information on this board for YEARS, offers you a genuine hint at a potential source, and you have the audacity to get snarky with her? Bad form, Sir. :hand:

Perchance she was pointing you in the direction of contact lenses whilst you were searching for “contacts lenses”. Must have been a breakdown in communication. :ponder:

Actually, he’s right. Went there last night, the guy has upscaled his stock, and the fantasy lenses are gone. He used to have cat eye and star eye and other weird stuff, alongside awesome Japanese frames. Now it’s Dior and Chanel and blue and grey contacts.

Showed him the picture of the contacts, anyways, and he said he’ll ask. By next week we’ll have an answer. Scared the beejessus out of him, though, LOL. “What do you want that for?!”, was his reaction. That was worth it. :roflmao:

Upandover, Icon is well known for meaning well but giving awful addresses -check previous threads. Next time let me know you are in the area and I’ll walk you over, much easier.

[quote=“upandover”]ok, first off there is no Minzhuan Rd. that intersects with Jianguo, there is a “Minquan” and a “Minzu” but no “Minzhaun”

I don’t know who gave you that tip, but it turned out to be a dud.[/quote]

You went to Xindian? Not Taipei? Right?

For those who take time to respond to requests for information as best they can, I believe that a certain amount of gratitude is deserved. As Icon clearly stated above, she intended to check for the OP and report back, which she did. She went above and beyond the average “I think you can find x in the general vicinity of y” response and actually made an inquiry at the store on behalf of the OP. :notworthy:

I have also taken directions, provided in good faith, that ended up costing more time than I would have liked. My advice, as a former boyscout, is to “be prepared”. Google maps is your friend and would have instantly raised some suspicions about the accuracy of the location originally provided. A careful reading of Icon’s post would have revealed that she intended to help you out by checking with the store before getting back to you. As Jimi, quite rightly, suggests: gratitude for well-intentioned assistance never hurts. A bit of healthy skepticism isn’t such a bad thing either.

Looked for the things in the US. All 5 stores sent me to a website address -they do not have the stuff in stock.

Looked for the things in the ol country -goth is fashionable, and there were plenty of people wearing anime/cosplay stuff. Yep, found a nice variety of quirky lenses, none like the picture. One store said on the phone they had them. Got there, they wanted 30 usd for them… and then broke the news they had to order online. :doh: :loco: :fume:

sigh