Hand made notebooks

Hello everybody

I’m looking for somewhere to purchase some beautifully unique hand made notebooks and thought maybe someone here would know somewhere weird, wonderful and as yet undiscovered by me where I might be able to get some?

Thank you!

You might try the store of the Su Ho Paper Museum.

Chang’an East Road Sec. 2 No. 68 (just east of Songjiang)
tel. 2507-5539

There’s also a paper store in Tianmu, a little south of Caves. But I don’t remember them having much in the way of notebooks.

Check out the street vendors who hang out in front of the Dunhua E’slite Bookstore (later in the evenings)… there’s a girl who hand makes 'em completely from scratch… and sells 'em once in a while (she’s not there every night). Pretty cool designs 'n stuff. The covers are made with recycled cardboard and different newspaper photo clips and other artsy stuff laminiated on 'em. The pages are blank though (no lines)… sorta like sketch book paper. Sounds totally ghetto, I know, but they’re actually pretty cool.

[quote=“curlyclaire”]Hello everybody

I’m looking for somewhere to purchase some beautifully unique hand made notebooks and thought maybe someone here would know somewhere weird, wonderful and as yet undiscovered by me where I might be able to get some?

Thank you![/quote]

I went electronic on this one and was trying to think who would provide such a thing. Good idea though.

I bought a couple nice ones at one of the little shops in Danshui. They were around $100NT-$200NT, depending on design.

[quote=“curlyclaire”]Hello everybody

I’m looking for somewhere to purchase some beautifully unique hand made notebooks and thought maybe someone here would know somewhere weird, wonderful and as yet undiscovered by me where I might be able to get some?[/quote]

You could check the Guanghua Market area. Some company there could build you a laptop to your specifications, I’m sure.

(Is this what you mean when you say “notebook”?)

Cheers Zerosum, that sounds exactly like what I’m looking for! Plain paper is a must. Might also check out the paper museum, it is an actual notebook notebook I’m on the hunt for, not a laptop. The new Eslite has some alright ones in but it would be much nicer to get something more individual. Thanks for the tips people, keep em coming!