Hangover Cures

Somebody, anybody, quick, quiet, solutions?

Chou

If you are not too hungover to keep food down, try fried chicken. Works every time.

My solution is not to get drunk. I haven’t had a hangover since 1987.
I think it’s true that hangovers get worse as you get older.

25mg of Valium and 30 mg of codeine administered intravenously with one litre of Hatrmans solution over 10~15 minutes. Be sure to have somebody roll you into the recovery position with your head tilted back.

Its also a good idea to have a tank of oxygen and a tracheal tube on hand.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]25mg of Valium and 30 mg of codeine administered intravenously with one litre of Hatrmans solution over 10~15 minutes. Be sure to have somebody roll you into the recovery position with your head tilted back.

Its also a good idea to have a tank of oxygen and a tracheal tube on hand.

HG[/quote]

Or get the deep-fried chicken. Chicken soup can help, too, but make sure the broth is very fatty.

Ok, failing a friendly anaethetist, fried chicken and black aspirin (coke). But my proposal has been proven to work. In fact many moons ago when I was a nurse in an operating theatre, an anaesthetic student friend helped me out with just such a formula (doses lowered somewhat). The day just drifted by. “Scalpel please nurse” “Is that the long shiny knifey looking thing with a. . fuck me, ouch! … sharp end?”

HG

Getting an IV at the local clinic works wonders.

What works for me is to get drunk again that same day and once I woke up from it, I am all better, and I am not kidding!!

Quiet, but not quick; Sleep it off

That’s exactly wht I did, with the addition of a couple of pints of water.
Feeling better now. Who’s round is it?
Chou

best cure is a preventive, before you slam senseless into bed drink as much water as you can stomach. feel a world better in the morning. the story behind it is that your body uses water to convert alcohol to harmless sugars, once the well is dry it starts changing it into nastier stuff that gives you the hangover.

OK, I have experience with this one…

1. Vitalli in the morning is good.
  2. Fried chicken works really well next.

A good toke is good in Canada, but in Taiwan the black will have to do. Don’t smoke it with Tobacco, hot knives over the stove is best.

[quote=“stevieboy”]OK, I have experience with this one…

1. Vitalli in the morning is good.
  2. Fried chicken works really well next.

A good toke is good in Canada, but in Taiwan the black will have to do. Don’t smoke it with Tobacco, hot knives over the stove is best.[/quote]

Toke, water, sleep to be exact.

Chou

PS. Dang, been about six years since I’ve had a hot knife.

Happy to hear you are feeling better.

Maybe you could get hold of some RU-21?
nypost.com/seven/09282003/ne … s/3368.htm

Developed by the KGB during the cold war to prevent hangover for KGB agents, it is now mass produced for the public. :slight_smile:

The main component of a hangover is dehydration. My friend was in a bad way; couldn’t really move etc. I went to the pharmacist. He recommended some electrolyte solution, often used for rehydration during or after diarhorrea. It was too expensive and I said so. He kindly told me the following near-substitute;

To a glass of boiled, warm water, add a large pinch of sugar and a small pinch of salt. Stir well and drink as quickly as you like. Follow up by drinking glasses of water at intervals (preferably warm because more quickly and easily absorbed by the body).

I went back to my friend’s house and followed the instructions. The mixture tasted foul but he managed to get it down. Within two minutes he felt much better and was up and about.

Either that or it’s a Vitamin B-12 shot in the ass if you can find one. Speaking of, does anyone know of clinics in Taipei that can provide that service?

Oh why, oh why hasn’t anyone yet mentioned the classic from the land down under, ‘where the woman blow and the men chunder’ - Berocca. Coz it gives you back your, b, b, bounce!

I’m willing to bet you could get a vit B jab anywhere. I used to dish these out routinely, it hurts like a bastard, apparently, and you stink for ages. Total overkill unles you’ve been an a huge bender ending in the shakes. That’s pathological territory, beyond simple hangover (well, they’re never simple).

HG[/img]

i heard kiwi contains a lot of vitamins that your body looses due to fighting the alcohol in your system… never tried it, water before you goto bed works very well after drinkign a lot of beer for me, if i have them handy i’ll pop a handful of multivitamins, i think any fruit citrus is… and yea idf you can stoamch it a beer or coupel shots as soon as you wake up… im eager to go get real drunk and try the water/sugar/salt… or the kgb drug, i noticed i started getting spam for the hangover pill this summer… maybe they will make a hangover/morning afterpill for the ladies

I should hope you’ve never tried it. It’s a protected species.

I’m a stong advocate of forcing yourself to drink loads of water before going to bed when pissed method. Does wonders for me.

Brian