Happy Eid al-Fitr!

Here’s a gift from the moderate Muslim government of Indonesia to all you Crusaders. Don’t choke on your nasi goreng.

[quote]
Bali victims condemn militants’ release

Two militants convicted over hiding masterminds of the 2002 Bali blasts have been granted release from their respective prisons after receiving a cut to their sentence to mark the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

Nine others convicted over minor roles each had 45 days cut from their sentences.[/quote]

theage.com.au/news/World/Two … 95917.html

Its a multi-culti thang… :grrr:

Tough call. Take the terrorist element out and call it harbouring a criminal and what would they have got, in say, Australia?

Of course, a part of me is thinking of the early eighties in Indo where you showed your impeccable connections by staying in gaol and avoiding the death squads eager to off you on the way home outside.

I hope the release of these guys is accompanied by daily intrusions into their rights to privacy and the like. And that it offers good intel for terrorist watchers. . . who I presume will be Australian.

Edit: Thought so:

[quote]CRIMINAL CODE - SECT 148
Harbouring escaped prisoners

148 . Harbouring escaped prisoners

Any person who harbours, maintains, or employs a person who is, to his knowledge, an offender under sentence of such a kind as to involve deprivation of liberty, and illegally at large, is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for 2 years, or to a fine of (Aus)$400.
[/quote]

HG