Happy International Star Wars Day!

Hey!!! We missed Beat Up a White Kid Day-in my neighborhood that was every day. Gracias Muchachos!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_Up_a_White_Kid_Day

Don’t try - do!

Live Long and Prosper!

shouldn’t it be Happy Universal Star wars Day…why limit it to earthlings?

There’s a disturbance in the force.

(Read in a North England accent)

Vader: Luke… Luke…

Luke: I am looking.

In honor of this great day, I’d like to remind everyone that Darth Vader can kill you with a thought, but he could kill you with a tray as well - possibly the greatest clip I’ve seen in years:

That was funny.

Not my favorite French and Saunders spoof - just liked the "Look at the dog " bit.

Anger, fear, aggression… the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view. - Obi Wan :doh:

Also 40th anniversary of the Kent State massacre.

Tin soldiers and Nixon comin’
We’re finally on our own
This summer I hear the drummin’
Four dead in Ohio

The politics of the English language is in full sway, once again, with the use of the word ‘massacre’ to describe an incident where 4 people died.

Tin soldiers and Nixon comin’
We’re finally on our own
This summer I hear the drummin’
Four dead in Ohio[/quote]

Who sang that, Bob Dylan it was, wasnt it?

It was CSNY. Awesome song. :thumbsup:

I bet he knew that already.

Sorry, I had a lot of postprandial gas after breakfast and took my sarcastic pain out on JP and his Young/Dylan thread, which turned into a veritable online donnybrook.

But getting back on topic before someone zaps all these posts for irrelevance, can we all agree that the second set of movies should not be considered part of the series with respect to Star Wars day? With the exception of the last half hour of the last one, they were just total crap. And let’s not forget - let’s not forget - possibly one of the most reprehensible characters in mainstream movies ever - you know the hellspawn of which I speak…

‘Empire’ was the high water mark.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]Sorry, I had a lot of postprandial gas after breakfast and took my sarcastic pain out on JP and his Young/Dylan thread, which turned into a veritable online donnybrook.

But getting back on topic before someone zaps all these posts for irrelevance, can we all agree that the second set of movies should not be considered part of the series with respect to Star Wars day? With the exception of the last half hour of the last one, they were just total crap. And let’s not forget - let’s not forget - possibly one of the most reprehensible characters in mainstream movies ever - you know the hellspawn of which I speak…[/quote]

Yes, we’d hate to stray from such a somber topic.

And, yes, the second set constituted one of the more impressive disappointments of my life.

You didn’t have to go there, man. That was very un-Dude of you. Also, didn’t Boba Fett’s Kiwi father get his head chopped off? I mean WTF, man??? And since when is Boba Fett half Maori??? Christ they threw ever bit o’ shit in there. Led by an “actor” who is less emotive than a wooden indian in front of a five and dime. And Natalie Portman??? I mean, I love her, yeah I do, sitting on my knob, but otherwise she hasn’t done anything good really 'cept V for Vendetta and The Professional has she? Naboo? Fuck you, Naboo!

But this is a celebration of Star Wars, so I’d like to honor the great man himself, Mr. Solo:

and ladies and gentlemen, the late, great, Mr. Barry White: