Happy Singles Day! Good hunting (shopping)!

Best wishes. May your credit cards be strong enough.

Centenary of the end of WW1, too.

1 Like

In the name of peace, do your bit for the economy.

1 Like

Can’t buy anything on PChome - get a constant “system busy” message when I get to the shopping cart

Been trying for 20 minutes, complete waste of time

Asked the Taiwanese female friend next to me about it. She knows nothing.

Seems like a missed commercial opportunity for Taiwan businesses.

Cream set of 3 normal prize 3000 something NTD. On sale 2500 NTD. Today extra 15% off for a total of 2100 BAD. Happy camper.

Alibaba sold over US$30B in 24 hours.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/world-news/alibaba-singles-day-tops-30-billion-but-growth-rate-plunges/articleshow/66581067.cms

Taiwan awareness of this celebration is also increasing

Another purely commercial invention!

Well … :roll_eyes:

Shopping spree now starts in November, with 11/11 and fiscal year end sales, goes on in December because Christmas and slides easily into Chinese New Year. :happyrunningaround:

1 Like

Get your CC ready!

1 Like

I really do not like it because, as it is a Chinese «holiday», they promote shopping in China websites, which is problematic. And for us atoga, Mission Impossible most of the time.

BTW the department stores sales are over or almost over, so best deals are out. Hurry!!!

This is my singles day shopping plan.

Shopping by reminding every “single” girl around that I’m interested in for 48 hours before singles day, then hopefully accomplish a new purchase.

It’s taking off in Taiwan. So depressing.3 for 2 in convenience stores.

1 Like

Oh, that’s what the 7-11 lady was saying. I just buyao anytime they mention a sale. A lower price one day means they’re overcharging the next day.

1 Like

You can never go wrong with a buyao.

This shopping holiday kind of bugs me but I think that’s because it’s the same day as Remembrance Day. It just seems kind of shallow to turn a day to remember the war dead into a shopping holiday.

I know Remembrance Day isn’t a thing in Asia but it still bugs me.

Some might disagree…