Happy St Andrew's Day! ><

Happy St Andrew’s Day to all my Scottish brethren (and everyone else too).

Och aye the nuuuuu!!! :braveheart:

(Please consider these brand-spankin’-new smileys your St Andrew’s Day pressie.)

Brethren… must be Brothers no?

What about the sisters?

Bless the Brave indeed !
Singing the Haughs 'O Cromdale right now :slight_smile:

[quote=“ceevee369”]Brethren… must be Brothers no?

What about the sisters?

Bless the Brave indeed !
Singing the Haughs 'O Cromdale right now :slight_smile:[/quote]

Didn’t you see the bit in brackets? And the Scots would never tell me I shouldn’t say “brethren”.

Anyway, Happy St Andrew’s Day, ceevee369. :rainbow:

Happy St. Andrew’s day dear friends. Didn’t realize that this was celebrated in Scotland. It is even their National Day. What do you guys do for St. Andrew’s day? For St. Patricks day people seem to drink green beer. What do they do for St. Andrew’s day, drink blue whiskey?

The Haughs O’ Cromdale is what unarmed Piper G. Findlater played as he led the Gordon Highlanders into battle to take the Dargai Heights on Pakistan’s Northwest Frontier, despite having both ankles shot out from under him, action that earned him the Victoria Cross. Can you even begin to imagine what it must have been like to be a regimental piper in those days? First into battle, without a weapon. No wonder they wore nothing under the kilt – there wasn’t any underpants made that could accommodate balls that big.
There’s also a pibroch called Dargai to commemmorate him. Richard Thompson arranged it for guitar.

[quote=“sandman”]The Haughs O’ Cromdale is what unarmed Piper G. Findlater played as he led the Gordon Highlanders into battle to take the Dargai Heights on Pakistan’s Northwest Frontier, despite having both ankles shot out from under him, action that earned him the Victoria Cross. Can you even begin to imagine what it must have been like to be a regimental piper in those days? First into battle, without a weapon. No wonder they wore nothing under the kilt – there wasn’t any underpants made that could accommodate balls that big.
There’s also a pibroch called Dargai to commemmorate him. Richard Thompson arranged it for guitar.[/quote]

Sandman, thanks for the history lesson! I saw the battlefield in Scotland, but now I heard your story, this is unspoken…

Bless him and my bottle of Lagavulan (though it is empty)