Happy US Independence Day!

And…does anyone know if there’s going to be a 4th of July celebration anywhere in Taipei this year? Last year’s at TAS was so screwed up… :blush:

Dunno about Taipei, but there’s one tomorrow on that pedestrianized street behind Sogo in Taichung, according to the China Post. Although I’d have thought that weeping over no longer being a subject of the royal family would be best done in private.

Hey, Redcoats, I’ve alway wanted to ask one of you what your history books said about our War of Independence.

I imagine it went something like “What were we thinking? We were oppressing those poor colonists horribly when all they wanted to do was live in peace and not be taxed to death to support our good-for-nothing monarchy and now look what’s happened.”

That must have been a tough day at school. I bet you didn’t dwell on that period in history very long. That’s okay. We understand.

All’s well that ends well.
Yankee Doodle Sharpshooter

[quote=“Gavin Januarus”]Hey, Redcoats, I’ve alway wanted to ask one of you what your history books said about our War of Independence.

I imagine it went something like “We’re so sorry. We were oppressing those poor colonists horribly when all they wanted to do was live in peace and not be taxed to death to support our good-for-nothing monarchy and we never should have done it. What were we thinking?”

That must have been a tough day at school. I bet you didn’t dwell on that period in history very long. That’s okay. We understand.

All’s well that ends well.
Yankee Doodle Sharpshooter[/quote]

Are you talking about those little islands off the coast of France? That is a splittist renegade state.

[quote=“mod lang”]This critic gives the American flag a C+. Too many stars, he says.

The world’s flags given letter grades
[/quote]
He’s just jealous because if the Union Jack had stars, they’d have had to have been removing them for the last two and a quarter centuries.