Hard Drive Recovery in Kaohsiung

Hi! I tried to search a topic regarding external hard drive recovery in Kaohsiung but I only saw one from Taichung.
Anyways, Does anyone know if are there any repair shops here in Kaohsiung that can recover an external hard drive?
I can’t seem to access it anymore but I can see from diskutil command that it’s mounted. I don’t want to tinker it on my own cause I’m afraid I might lose all the data by accident.
Thanks.

Restore your file from backups.

Don’t have a backup? You’ve just learned a very important lesson.

If you don’t backup your files, you don’t own it, you are just leasing it from fate.

Also be prepared to pay, likely several times the price of a new drive.

Ok so to piggyback on this:

I had backups on my old phone (Pixel 5A) but I dropped it, bricked it, and lost a lot of pics of my first few weeks here. They said it was a power leakage in the MOBO or sth. At any rate; are there any shops that could seperate the memory unit and put it into a new MOBO or otherwise fix the MOBO? I know it’s kinda a niche request, but I’d rather like those pics back because i came here with a friend and it’d be nice to have some of the pics we took together.

I’m pretty sure they’re aware now. No need to kick em when they’re down.

3 Likes

I know Guanhua top floor is full of hard drive recovery services, does Kaoshung have a guanhua like market?

Jianguo Road

At risk of necro-posting, an external drive is usually just an internal drive with a case and USB adaptor, and it’s typically the crappy 99c adaptor that dies. Grab a screwdriver, pull the drive out, and stick it in a dock or another (working) external clamshell and see if it doesn’t just fire right up. :smirk:

Whatever happens, if you somehow got it working now, take the time to get all your files off, and replace that drive, do not trust it for any data retention.

You should be backing everything up.

Never thought about it. I might need another (working) external clamshell for this one. Thanks for the help.