Hard Times Bronson MMA movie

Last night I watched a film I had not seen in years, Hard Times with Charles Bronson. For folks interested in old skool Mixed Martial Arts (albeit in a fictional movie) I recommend Hard Times. I like it because Bronson portrays an older fighter in the south during the Depression, plus the fighting is fairly realistic for a movie (of its time).

The movie is available for modest cost at many of the local dvd stores. [the reason I put this in the sports category rather than movie section is because most of the folks who would be interested in a MMA movie are here, not there.]

Take care,
Brian

I’m looking for jujitsu movies in general. where can i find some?

That’s one of my favorite movies! Bronson is so tough. I bet he could even survive a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris.

I’m going to go out and buy it. Damn! Good suggestion. :smiley:

About the only fictional movie I can remember with good jiu jitsu in it was Red Beard, an Akira Kurosawa movie (from 1965) starring Toshiro Mifune. Mifune, who plays the Doctor (known as Red Beard), has an outstanding jiu jitsu fight scene about mid way through the movie. None of the opponents (a gang) tap out quick enough so Dr. Red Beard bust them up and then gets to practice his bone setting. That movie is available here in Taiwan for a low cost too.

In the non-fiction category, I am pretty sure there have been a couple of documentaries done (at least one I can remember) that have the Gracies. The one I am thinking of has segments on Hickson (sorry, R for H= Rickson) Gracie. But those are usually more about the UFC type fights.

Take care,
Brian

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]About the only fictional movie I can remember with good jiu jitsu in it was Red Beard, an Akira Kurosawa movie (from 1965) starring Toshiro Mifune. Mifune, who plays the Doctor (known as Red Beard), has an outstanding jiu jitsu fight scene about mid way through the movie. None of the opponents (a gang) tap out quick enough so Dr. Red Beard bust them up and then gets to practice his bone setting. That movie is available here in Taiwan for a low cost too.

In the non-fiction category, I am pretty sure there have been a couple of documentaries done (at least one I can remember) that have the Gracies. The one I am thinking of has segments on Hickson (sorry, R for H= Rickson) Gracie. But those are usually more about the UFC type fights.

Take care,
Brian[/quote]

redbeard is a great movie with the wonderful mifune in outstanding form. thanks for reminding me brian…you’ll never see a man stroke a beard more sagefully :laughing: …and that scene when he kicks shit out of the gang and then sets their broken bones is a classic moment in cinematic history…