Hard to find map

Where can I find…

…a map of Changhua in English?

Ha! Ok. Laugh. I don’t care. But seriously…anyone know?

Matt

[quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”]Where can I find…

…a map of Changhua (Zhanghua) in English?

Matt[/quote]

Go to the train station in Changua and get a map of the Tri Mountain Scenic area. Or at the visitor centre up on Baguashan. Or practically any visitor centre.

Or did you mean Changhua City?

There are none in English for the city - only the tourist maps of the whole county, which don’t really show much.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”]Where can I find…

…a map of Changhua (Zhanghua) (Zhanghua) in English?

Matt[/quote]

Go to the train station in Changua and get a map of the Tri Mountain Scenic area. Or at the visitor centre up on Baguashan. Or practically any visitor centre.

Or did you mean Changhua (Zhanghua) City?[/quote]

Yeah…I was thinking the city. I wonder if I should just make one for foreigners that happen to wander into Changhua…just of the main streets and highlight where the bars are and put it online somewhere. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Matt

I would think that the Taiwan Fun magazine, Taichung edition would have a city map for that place.

Lonely Planet has a map of the city ya know. Though the old well is not in the right place. But that’ll be fixed for the next edition.

Didn’t I see a map outside the Confucian Temple, in English, of the city? I am sure I did.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Lonely Planet has a map of the city ya know. Though the old well is not in the right place. But that’ll be fixed for the next edition.

Didn’t I see a map outside the Confucian Temple, in English, of the city? I am sure I did.[/quote]

I will head there and take a look. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Yeah, I forgot about that. There are a few maps outside some temples that are in English. The Confucian temple is one, the white temple near the corner of Heping and Jhonghua Rd is another, outside the Watsons on Yongle St has one. There are a few others as well, but none so far that you can take home with you.

Can still get a good picture of it and go from there. I don’t need one as much any more. Would be nice to have to look at some of the streets and memorize their names (and figure out exactly how the streets connect. I can’t seem to figure out how you might walk out of a place, take the next left turn, wander straight for 15 minutes, and end up exactly where you were before. This city perplexes me…)

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

Matt

Yeah, you could probably do it with a photo, but those maps don’t cover all the city, just the immediate surrounding streets (like the maps in MRT stations but on a smaller scale).

That’s fine. Just as long as I know more street names than what I do now. That’s my main goal.

MB

Can still get a good picture of it and go from there. I don’t need one as much any more. Would be nice to have to look at some of the streets and memorize their names (and figure out exactly how the streets connect. I can’t seem to figure out how you might walk out of a place, take the next left turn, wander straight for 15 minutes, and end up exactly where you were before. This city perplexes me…)

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

Matt[/quote]

buy a chinese map and add in the english street names? you can learn at the same time!

Hi all,

Anybody come across a thick street mapbook for the whole of taiwan with some english? enough that i can tell what county it is??? I’ve looked everywhere, in every bookshop i come across but no luck.

all i’ve managed to find is a 1 page, fold-up tourist map, which is no good for travelling to different places or basically anywhere really.

some help would be greatly appreciated,
thanx :slight_smile:

cands

[quote=“cands”]Hi all,

Anybody come across a thick street mapbook for the whole of Taiwan with some english? enough that i can tell what county it is??? I’ve looked everywhere, in every bookshop i come across but no luck.

all i’ve managed to find is a 1 page, fold-up tourist map, which is no good for travelling to different places or basically anywhere really.

some help would be greatly appreciated,
thanx :slight_smile:

cands[/quote]

The tourist office has a set of four fold out maps, covering the North, south, east and west. Has English and Chinese. Quite fine for getting around unless you are looking for tiny farm roads.

Hi mucha,

Thanx a mill, actually should hav thought of that myself :blush:

Do you by any chance know where the tourist office is in Taichung and if not, then in Taipei?

Thanx,
Cands
:slight_smile:

oops meant Mucha

ok now i’m confused, oh well u know wot i mean :slight_smile: