Hard to find things in common with Taiwanese girls

IMHO, if he tries bring the leader with a Taiwanese woman, unless he is her boss/team manager oh boy, that will not end well. Not to mention this is the 21st century.

One thing is being assertive, someone who knows who he is and what he wants. The other is confusing work catch terms and selling phrases.

You do not have to show anyone anything nor prove to the world what you are. Just be. If you put up a fake exterior you’ll attract a fake. If that is what you think you want, then accept the consequences of living a life for an audience, which will be basically an unhappy life. Your life. And a miserable existence for those around you.

10 Likes

Which implies what you think?

I don’t know if I agree with this. Lots of people fake it 'til the make it and don’t end up miserable. Don’t you feel that there is a LOT of middle ground when it comes to consciously choosing via dating to engage a stranger in a long term physical and emotional interpersonal relationship?

1 Like

Icon, your advice is too good and it’s flying over Jimbob’s head.

He already knows what he’s doing, because he read it on a dating website!

(Although by posting here, he does seem to be seeking feedback. So I hope he reads your words.)

To Jimbob: your view of dating and relationships seems very mechanical and transactional. You can’t engineer a human transaction to make someone else perceive you the way you want them to. (Or if you do so, it may be seen as false, a facade.)

As you grow in confidence, self-understanding, and humility, in turn you will become more attractive and interesting to others. I think this is the difficult process Icon is referring to. It can’t be learned from a dating website.

First, you need to be comfortable with yourself. If that’s in place, then you don’t worry what others think about you. You just relax and enjoy other people’s company.

3 Likes

Pick girls for dates you have nothing in common with because of looks and find out you have nothing in common with them. So. Weird. :rofl:

8 Likes

Well in the 21st century men and women are partners. Leader sounds to me like 1800s or macho culture.

It is OK to be conservative, but understand there are limits. Domineering bordering into abusive is not kosher. Self confidence does not need to step on others. Being reliable as a partner is attractive, as it is being honest.

Fake it till you make it does not apply to relationships. It would be like selling a fake Rolex. Middle ground as in communicating and growing and learning, yes. Lying or having forced expectations imposed on others, nope.

4 Likes

You sure about that? Many marriages in many countries are arranged. Are you suggesting that none of them are faking it? Seems unlikely.

Who is saying “leader?”

He misses his Jesus, but you had all the right words there!

Does jimbob want a wife and kids?

Perhaps you could expedite the process and flash a World Gym member card and then show your transcripts from uni. We need less proving and more paper validation. Proving competence is not necessary. :slight_smile:

no, his parents do

4 Likes

He did. Read the first two posts he made.

Kid needs a mentor.

Actually, the good folk in the mosa are suggesting an arranged marriage. Those are not fake, people just do not know each other. It is different. Usually parents/ agencies check the data, so no fake Harvard graduate from School of Wizardry gets through.

If the op is desperate for a girlfriend because his parents put pressure on him, then for god’s sake ask his parents to make arrangements with a matchmaking agency. At least it’s their problem now.

1 Like

It’d be quite a talking-point on a first date, though, wouldn’t it.

“Go on then. Do some magic. Just a bit. Will you get into trouble? I won’t tell anyone.”

Somehow I doubt that fraud (concerning educational background, or anything else for that matter) would be a great basis for a long-term relationship.

Guy

2 Likes

I don’t think declaring yourself as a graduate Mage actually counts as “fraud”. It’d be more along the same lines as saying that you’ve won a prize for having an enormous cock. Someone would either find it hilarious, or a total turn-off. Either way, it narrows down the field to a group that you’re interested in.

1 Like

I was referring to the “fake Harvard” part. :upside_down_face:

Guy

Shouldn’t girls be in school, studying, playing volleyball and stuff? What is it about girls that attracts you? Have you considered seeking professional help?

2 Likes

Wait, what does hiking have to do with being financially stable? Am I missing the logic here?

1 Like

Sounds more like prepping for a job interview

4 Likes

Why is an ABC calling himself jimbob on an Vietnamese knitting forum trying to assert dominance over innocent taiwanese ladies by confusing them with bizare dating puzzles?
IMO it seems like you’re trying to smash but deliberately messing it up

1 Like