Harry Potter 3

I don’t know…I wouldn’t mind seeing how they handle the Quidditch World Cup at the beginning of the Goblet of Fire between the Veela and the Leprechauns, or if they’ll skip the actual match and get to the important part at the campgrounds…and how they’ll do Mad-Eye Moody. For some reason, I envision Alex from A Clockwork Orange. I wasn’t a big fan of the second one, but I really enjoyed this one. The real question is, how long will we have to wait for books 6 and 7 to come out? And who will Hermione hook up with…Ron or Harry? Or Neville Longbottom? And Ron and Luna? Or maybe Harry and Ginny… Damn this is bad.

I thought it was pretty good for a movie that can’t cover EVERYTHING from the book. I think it pretty much took the important stuff and clumped it all together…

a) Dementers really weren’t that scary… but if you were in that situation I guess it’d be scary…
b) Dumbledore’s best scene was when he was giving Hermione directions about going back in time… otherwise, it was really bad
c) Was it just me or did Goyle and Crabbe (I’m not sure which one) change people… or was one just skinnier???
d) Did anyone miss Draco’s slicked back “evil guy” hair?
e) The scene where Harry under the invisible cloak follows Fudge and McGonnagal into the pub… I thought that was waaay too unrealistic for them not to notice him, also about him running off and crying, that was a little strange too…
f) Harry just seems to be going a little too mental…

Yeah I could go on, but overall, I thought the movie was good, just a few things could’ve been better!! :smiley:

[quote=“Joannie”]
f) Harry just seems to be going a little too mental… [/quote]

I think that would make a very interesting context for the 6th book. For it to turn out that Harry was merely dreaming up the whole thing and wakes up in the mental hospital that his aunt and uncle had him committed to when he was 11 years old.

that’s be waaay too creepy… and anyway, there’s still the 7th book… so it can’t happen just YET… plus i think it’d destroy a lot of little kids to find out that harry has just been mental all this time…

Well it does seem interesting…here’s this boy whose parents get killed in an ordinary car wreck, nothing that has any major drama and if anything makes them look weak for being bad drivers (go with me on this on…) and is forced to move in with his verbally abusive neglectful aunt and uncle and his bullying cousin. After 10 or so years of this bullying, he’s about to undergo some changes and begin attending a boarding school for delinquents. What better way to escape such a dreary existence than to make up this fantasy that he’s going to a really interesting, very selective school (for a special type of people - wizards and witches rather than people from the life he has known, like his cousin and all the kids who picked on him in school) where he’s got friends, is famous and popular, a sports prodigy, well-liked by most of his teachers, clever enough to outdo potential bullies, gets kissed by hot girls, and becomes a hero by defeating an evil wizard five times so far. That his parents didn’t die in an ordinary automobile accident, but in a murder where his mother died trying to protect him because his parents were fighting evil. That he has a godfather who has an element of danger and a whole community of people with magical power that threatens his guardians if they abuse or neglect him. That he’s one of the best young wizards that astonishes a jury of elders with his abilities (Book 5). If you ask me, it sounds very much like the dream of a young boy who wishes that there was more to his life than the horrible situation he’s currently living in. Sure it would be anti-climatic for the whole series, but it certainly doesn’t seem too far-fetched of an idea…

It seems that there are (or up to the 5th book, were) two worlds in which Harry lives: the one with the Dursleys where his father was unemployed and considered a bum, his parents were killed in a car wreck, no one likes him, and he’s excluded from social and family occasions; and the one at Hogwarts where his parents were well-respected and killed, not by ordinary means, but by the epitome of evil who Harry has fought and beaten several times, where he is very popular and loved by good people and can exclude his tormentors from his life by attending this excellent school.