Hartford Mini 125

I am thinking of getting a Hartford Mini 125. Anyone got any news on these. I am starting to see a fair few around. I know they are a little small, but it is still OK for the short trip to take my boy to school, but then it is also small enough that I can teach my boy to ride a bike out at the LongTan track, a smaller bike with gears, and seeing I don’t have a van to take a bike out to the track, we can still ride it out there together… My boy is only 8y/o. If we were back home, guess I would get him a YZ80 or the likes, but seeing we are here, looking for other practical options.

I have seen some around with plenty of shiney add on parts, but does anyone know of any go faster parts or how about tyres to get rid of those big chunky things…

I think new ones go for around NT$60,000, I have seen some 2nd hand ones on the yahoo auction for NT$50,000, but the cheapest so far I have seen is around NT$35,000.

Hi TPS

It’s a nice bike, but all the guys I know who have one are telling me that they can’t lean the bike due to the low stand of the bike. They tell me that the weight is great, the power is great, but it is not doing well in curves because the pegs are hitting the road.

yes, you can see that the footpegs are quite big… but they should be changable, I hope…

i really really want one tooo. I miss having a bike, but don’t miss going uphill to our mountain and having the bike stall because the traffic isn’t moving around the corners. If it happens I can actually manage to keep this one upright!

I do LOVE my Hartford 125 scooter…love love love the packing space. But I miss riding a motorcycle:(

So, I have been checking out every Hartford Mini I see and I have seen two variations now. While the ones in the pics I posted above just had a round headlight at the front, I have seen one now that has a small sports type fairing on the front with more of a square headlight. But it was just on the front, nothing on the side.

And I have also seen a black one that looked like it had a whole racing body kit on it. Front and side fairings and even the side panels and seat. Looked super cute. Couldn’t get a pic as I was in a taxi at the time…

So, would anyone know if these would be Hartford Mini optional extras, or self made jobs. I would really like to get the racing body one if I get one for my boy at at the track. May as well look the part…

Also, these things don’t have a tacho. Are they difficult to put on?