Hartley and Friends, Local Comedy: April 4th, On Tap

I’m performing for the first time since my storming set at the Cosmo last year; you can see a clip of that show here:

channel4.com/4laughs/enjoy/u … ediaId=946

A few friends will be joining me for an informal, free show in a very friendly space. It’s the day before a holiday, there’s Guinness, Abbot’s Ale, great food and wireless internet access.

Show will start around 10, and if we can get it sorted we’ll be showing an episode of ‘Peep Show’ or other suitably high quality British entertainment beforehand.

‘On Tap’ is near SYS Memorial Hall MRT stop: No. 49, Lane 308, Guangfu South Road, Da’an district, Taipei, Taiwan - any problems finding it (the lane is kind of masked by a building site) call the bar on 2741-5365.

Hope to see you there.

[/b]

There are now at least four people coming - so best to arrive early to make sure you get the good seat.

EYE’m coming. Does that make five?

(But I’m not coming if I’m not on the guest list. Even if it’s free. )

No, four - Dad dropped out after he saw the video. So just tell the man at the door you’re Andy Anderson and there should be no problem.

x

Hartley,

I’m a 'Murkin. If I come to your show will I understand the irony? Because you British people use lots of irony, but us 'Murkins just don’t get it.

Will there be handouts and powerpoint to assist us irony-challenged 'Murkins?

Nah, it’s all fart jokes.

What is so funny about farting? Farting is just a normal bodily function that affects all of us from time to time.

Or were you just now being ironic?

You see, I’m lost already.

They’re ironic fart jokes, they’re funny.

Oh, ok. Now I finally get it. Thanks for explaining BFM.

Ironic fart jokes. Hahaha. Pretty funny!

What time’s this, erh, wind up?

I fly in at 10pm and will be zipping straight in . . . nah . . . hang on, it’s Taipei, I’ll probably not be out of that freakin’ airport until at least midnight. "No, see there. she’s from “THAILAND, and no she’s not a hooker or corvée labour, you grubby minded little bastard!”

Post gig party? I was planning on Carnage or Bobwundaye, in large part because I’ve never been to On Tap, and also because my friends seem to get thrown through windows there.

HG

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Hartley himself will be up past his bedtime already, so I don’t know. I’m shure there will be drinking, though…

On Tap is good.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]What time’s this, erh, wind up?

I fly in at 10pm and will be zipping straight in . . . nah . . . hang on, it’s Taipei, I’ll probably not be out of that freakin’ airport until at least midnight. "No, see there. she’s from “THAILAND, and no she’s not a hooker or corvée labour, you grubby minded little bastard!”

Post gig party? I was planning on Carnage or Bobwundaye, in large part because I’ve never been to On Tap, and also because my friends seem to get thrown through windows there.

HG[/quote]

It should be over by the time you would get there, HG, so you’ll be all right.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]
It should be over by the time you would get there, HG, so you’ll be all right.[/quote]

Miao.

I’ll be there at 9-ish, if anyone’s coming along.

And I’d just like to pre-emptively state to any audience members present that I do not have a urinary tract infection.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]and also because my friends seem to get thrown through windows there. [/quote]I got thrown out the window at Alleycat’s, that hurt.

Twisted my ankle, fleeing the scene, so to speak. Five people waved goodbye. Hartley was funny. I hope Harry’s mother wasn’t too appalled. I thought the ‘and friends’ were the audience; euch. And who was the guy in Underworld? Ach well. Pished again.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, felt like a good night. Buttercup, cheers for standing the pain in your eye (ask Andrea) and making it along. Bubba 2Guns, I’m sorry that you realized how profoundly insightful my poetry was and felt you had to go and re-work your pieces to the same exacting standard. Eraserhead guy, I’m sorry.

xx

[quote=“Hartley”]Thanks to everyone who turned up, felt like a good night. Buttercup, cheers for standing the pain in your eye (ask Andrea) and making it along. Bubba 2Guns, I’m sorry that you realized how profoundly insightful my poetry was and felt you had to go and re-work your pieces to the same exacting standard. Eraserhead guy, I’m sorry.

xx[/quote]

I was just profoundly jealous that you have a cornacopia of sexy, nubile, young poetry groupies and I get nothing after dedicated years of hard work throwing people through windows.

I think you just made Harry’s Mum’s day.

Sorry, got in too late. Did hit Bob & Dave’s a and had a serious frotters session at Carnage.

HG

I think the guy on the butt-end of your joke is Mike (from Seatle)…I talked to him before the show…cool guy, I’m sure he rolled with it…damn funny joke H.

Thanks again Hartley for the invite…I appreciated the chance to get up and try some new comedy…and to see Angry Vagina again.

p.s. Hey Buttercup, I don’t think your name really suits you…how about something like…Super Trouper?