Has anybody worked at Hess (Franchise)

I’m stuck deciding between there and ARMC American School.

My offer after an interview seems too good to be a Hess school :joy: so I’m wanting more information if anybody has worked there?

Good pay and the hours seem set (Minimum 20 a week, paid per hour), no mornings and teaching hours between 2pm and 6.30pm. No weekends except for paid special events (I’m aware Prep might take up some time initially). I was also told Chinese teachers do the marking, not foreigners. But the contract is one page and rather vague.

Isn’t ARMC the shady place that wanted you to work illegally? If I were in your shoes, I’d go with Hess. It might not be your dream job, but at least they won’t pressure you to break the law.

Yes totally, after my interview Hess was very adamant that they only wanted me to work legally which made me more at ease.

1 Like

You already know the answer then. Go with Hess.

1 Like

Agree with @DrewC. Also, they sell sour cream at Costco.

2 Likes

are you sure a work permit cannot be issued in 3 working days? I’ve read on this forum one got it in 4 working days. The info was posted 5 year ago.

I have no opinion which school is better, though.

if all the good things said are not on the contract, it could be a mirage.

Yes this is the part i’m worried about. I have no security that they can’t just say 'You’re working mornings from now on, and on saturdays too"