Has Anyone tried Purebread Bakery?

no-andrew-diet-coke-is-not-panettone

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I make better eggs than you.

Not after I learned the table spoon of water method.

Who showed you that video?

Buzz feed

OK, now we know who wears the pants in this relationship. :open_mouth:

Boxers mostly lol

I guess this is more my meaning then. I’ll take what I can get.

Will definitely give it a try. Thanks @_Lilith !

No problem! You guys gave me the idea to try making it myself, gonna do that today

1 Like

Zoca also does this over the holiday season. Most times they have it on hand, but it might be good to call and double check. I’ve enjoyed it in the past but missed out this year.

1 Like

I was at Zoca’s on Saturday and they had a pile of panettone, large and small, on the counter next to the cash register. They are already gone?!?

Guy

No, sorry, I left Taiwan and when I get back they’ll be gone and they don’t work with my diet at the moment. Also I think he does batches, so just a heads up to call and confirm. Just didn’t want anyone to be disappointed if he was between bakes.

Also, he usually takes some time off around Christmas, just FYI.

Well, it makes sense that if you left Taiwan it’ll be hard to stop by Zoca’s to pick up a panettone!

But yes, calling ahead makes sense. Zoca’s also works with Food Panda and other food delivery services—this also might help those who are here IN TAIWAN. : )

Guy

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Here y’all getting excited about fruit cake for Christmas .

Christmas has two proper staples. Christmas cake and Christmas pudding. Who eats regular fruit cake for Christmas ? :slight_smile:

Christmas cake and pudding you need to make about a month or two in advance with proper ingredients including hard liquor to get warm at Xmas. . Not some namby pamby sweet fruit cake.

Personally I hate that western food in Taiwan and Asia is all sweet shit.

Tell me if they have Christmas pudding otherwise…Sane ole stuff. :nerd_face:

Everyone hates to receive the dreaded claxton fruitcake. https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/ It’s like a sign that you are on the bad list in the family. I make a fruitcake with pineapple, coconut and macadamias (without stuff that no one likes). I use fresh or dried pineapple instead of tinned. https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pineapple-macadamia-and-coconut-cake-385788

1 Like

More than two.

• Mopane: Fried worms (South Africa)
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken (Japan)
  • Mattak and kiviak: raw blubber and fermented birds (Greenland)
  • Smalahove: Roasted lamb head (Norway)
  • Janssons frestelse: Fish-potato gratin (Sweden)
2 Likes

Good list.
Where would be without mince pies too…

Now you got me thinking about grandma’s sweet bread, rest her soul.