😷 COVID - Has anyone tried to book a flight in the last few days?

It seems like everyone is just awaiting the covid count from day to day. As one total is revealed around 4 pm, the wait for the next day’s figure immediately begins.

I began to piece together the necessities for a flight out just before the level 3 restrictions began. However, it seems like a losing job with all the previously unused covid testing facilities now overloaded. Is there anywhere a traveller can actually get a self paid covid test anymore? I have found airlines directing me to Zhongne a real hot spot. So getting a covid test might actually facilitate getting covid at the moment!

Are people finding places to get the PCR done? If a level 4 i is applied, does it have any effect on departures?

Take the time to search for some recent topics, many of them already answered the same questions . Search for flight I guess or pcr test.

PS : « tests to take a flight » for example

I did my test in Zhonghe. Not fun. Bit of a disaster. Tried to protect myself as best as I could.

My logic was better to get it done with earlier than later and if I got COVID at the test, at least I’d still test negative and most likely be back in my home country by the time I get sick. At least there I could get medical attention in my own language and in a system that now has good capacity because cases (and serious cases) are way down.

You are two hours late.

My wife booked a flight to the states today…no issues. She has a reservation for her covid test; it’s not at the most convenient hospital, but it’s a reservation nonetheless.

3 Likes

And we just got a message that the flight was canceled. I’ll let you know how hard it is to reschedule both the flight and test in conjunction.

Edit: It took about 1.5 hours to get a test set up for Friday and a new flight out for Monday.

4 Likes

And they are completely separated in Guam?

Is who completely separated in Guam?

Both crews? Switching crews needs some contact.

what you mean by number 3? why would you have to pay $3000 extra

There is contact between the crews but that’s not what they’re trying to solve for.

My understanding is that the Guam crew never actually enters TW. Guam to TPE is only around 4 hours, so they fly the bird to Guam in the morning with the Guam-based crew and pick up the passengers. The Guam-based crew gets off in Guam, so it’s like a regular shift for this crew.

The SFO-based crew sleeps overnight in Guam and can then handle the Guam to SFO leg, which is around 12 hours.

Would be impossible to fly a bird from SFO to TPE and have the same crew fly back same day without the ability to sleep overnight. That would be 2 long haul flights back to back for the crew.

I booked a flight to the US, leaving mid August and returning mid October. Managed to get a “cheap” (relatively speaking for Covid times) flight.

Now I just need to figure out the Covid test logistics. But that’s weeks away.

1 Like

Between 30,000 and 40,000?

US$1,400 and change. Considering that flights to California have been ranging from $1,600 to over $2,200 over the last couple months, it’s “cheap”. But last time (Feb 2020) I spent under $600.

1 Like

Ouch. Think I’ll wait a while longer. :open_mouth:

Vienna Taipei around 630€ for November return next year April… Increase 80€ vs one year earlier and no open return anymore after 2021