Has Tealit Lost its Soul?

The consensus seems to be that its NOT a good place to get dates with ladies now???

What’s the difference between the early 2000s and now???

… Seems to be working pretty well for me…

[quote=“KaiXi333”]The consensus seems to be that its NOT a good place to get dates with ladies now???

What’s the difference between the early 2000s and now???.[/quote]

We all got older and the girls get younger

tealit never had a soul
the ‘living in Korea’ forum on Dave’s ESL cafe. There was soul. Bitter and twisted but soul indeed. Now, no…

Does the owner of Tealit.com read Forumosa at all? Because that site is just a sad mess right now, it may have worked 5 years ago but there’s no excuse for such a mess of a website in 2010, especially not one as popular and useful as tealit is (especially for selling things).

Tealit is a mess, but it still is the best place to sell your second-hand stuff since Taiwanted is unfortunately more of a mess than Tealit. If Taiwanted was working I’d probably never return to Tealit again.

To answer the question that is the title of this thread, yes.
I tried to sell a bike there one time and was permanently booted out for suggestive remarks. I guess the robot had problems with the ‘seat’ being in ‘good condition’ and it being a ‘nice ride.’ :aiyo:

Who are the Tealit people? Seriosuly does anyone know them?

If Tealit wanted to be better, they could start by disallowing the practice of keeping an ad up and running when there is no job on offer. They could make companies pay a huge amount to keep the ad running, and running, and running. But I know it ain’t gonna happen :unamused: .

Which reminds me, I saw your watch on it…but I can’t find that model on the net just to compare pricing and all that. You mind, if you send me a linky…

Another thing; Tealit makes the hottest women and the biggest hunks the featured members in the personals section. The people you actually meet however may be a different matter :unamused: .

The other day I was talking to a woman who owns a buxiban about Tealit. She said she was a regular customer. One day a friend of hers who was a web designer started his own very similar website. She was among the first to advertise on it. Tealit saw this and assumed that she had given the guy her access code and copied them. This was not true. They cancelled her account immediately :fume: .

Look at the ads for technical writing on there… ‘Paid holidays’, ‘Paid Chinese New Year’, ‘Weekends off’ wow Taiwan sucks for employees. I see the same jobs up there for over 5 years and counting.

I spent way too long making two ads looking for work on Tealit the other day, only to have both of them removed. Their site is so littered with ads, it slows my entire computer down waiting for the pages to load them all. Waste of friggin’ time, that site.

Yes. The first thing you get is a page of letters bragging about how great Tealit is :unamused: . It makes it very difficult on a mobile device.

Please watch out for the same schools or jobs being advertised on a regular basis. These are usually the dross mentioned in the blacklisted forum.

Tealit makes money off of teachers leaving schools all the time. See how successful tealit is and you’ll see how bad the cram school industry is. They charge NT$3,500/month just for a tiny ad at the top of the page. They are making a fortune over there. And the website is just plain ugly and hard to figure out.

So where do you all go now when you want to look for teaching jobs then?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]tealit is a place for noobs to score some local ass.
[/quote]
Damn! I’m on the wrong site. :wink:

[quote=“Lo Pan”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]tealit is a place for noobs to score some local ass.
[/quote]
Damn! I’m on the wrong site. :wink:[/quote]
It was. Nowadays, or so I’m told, it’s a bit of a wasteland. :idunno:

Times were quite different before Tealit here.
Now, we are competing as a teacher on an international scale. Before you came to Taiwan first and then opened the local newspaper. Then tealit and the agencies took over almost entirely.
When the local newspaper ads disappeared I advertised myself on Tealit as well. I got most of my jobs there but didn’t like the fact that schools had to pay for the service and agencies started to overrun the schools.

While working at one school, agencies came and told the school they would evaluate the teachers. Then telling them of course that I was a bad teacher and they could replace me.
Here it comes; At the same time the same agency called me and offered me a better job at another school.

Fed-up with all this I opened my own website and started doing my own thing here. When I send out 6000 emails advertising my website, my service-provider received an official complaint from a party in Taiwan.
Someone complaint to me saying, he’d report me to Tealit.

What a joke.

I can’t understand why there aren’t so many teachers on my website, though. I advertised it for two years in local newspapers.

Schools call here all the time but I am not an agent.