Has this ever happened to you?

I started a new part time job at a new school and had my first class with a group of 7 year olds
Mostly very funny and excited little kids. One girl in paticular was too excited and kept lifting my shirt up. I told her to please stop turned around and she yanked my pants down (thank god it was not laundry day)
I mentioned to my Chinese co-worker when she decided to wander back in class 15 mins later. I thought that was it
WRONG!
The next day the story had expanded to it being my fault the little girl had done this, and that the chinese teacher had seen my penis. They were livid and blame was sorely set upon me for this.
:astonished:
what is up with that?

No. That has never happened to me.

How could the girl yank your pants down? Were you wearing pajama pants?

How was it explained to have been your fault?

Who was livid?

So you’re getting overpowered by a 7 year old? Yeah, riiiiight… :loco:

Buy a belt. :s

And don’t take out your “johnson” for show and tell. :no-no:

From what you write, I’d imagine they see it as your fault for failing to control the class, although I’ve never been a teacher so my opinion counts for little.
But a belt sounds like a good plan.

well not really the same but young students tend to go straight for the boobs… they just grab them. I always get very embarrased and the first few times I had told the director of my school and my Chinese teacher and they just explained that it was only because they weren’t used to lager boobs. After that I just dealt with it myself because although I understand it’s different for them to see they need to know it’s not ok to touch other people. I also had older students 16 or so that would ask what colour my underwear were they were old enough to know better so they didn’t get away with it.

GIS for [quote]lager boobs[/quote]

whoa where did you get that picture of me? stocker?

[/quote]

:laughing: :bravo: :notworthy:

A beer-lover’s paradise.

[/quote]

:laughing: :bravo: :notworthy:

A beer-lover’s paradise.[/quote]
if you’re into Dragqueens DB!!

I need to stand up for the pajama pants wearers ('cause I happen to be one). I know how easy it is to have your pants slipped down by a 4/5 year old (not even 7). It’s always on accident but if for some reason a kid had it out for me it wouldn’t be too hard to catch me off guard (if I didn’t have my guard up that is).

I’ve also been blamed for the behaviour of the kids in my classroom. One night, as I was leaving, I was approached by the office staff who were in an uproar. What, they demanded, was I teaching in class?

I had no idea what they were talking about, so I asked them to explain. Aparently, a parent walked by my classroom and heard a couple of the kids swearing in Chinese, so he / she went to the office and told them.

By the next day the story had morphed into me teaching the kids to swear in Chinese. The owner called me into his office and fired me.

Find another job and tell the school you’re at now to fuck off. If they’re that eager to make anything a kid does your fault, firing you isn’t far behind.

Punish the kids immediately and severely.

And buy a tighter belt.

If I weren’t against corporal punishment, I’d suggest you get two belts.

[quote=“shifty”]I started a new part time job at a new school and had my first class with a group of 7 year olds
Mostly very funny and excited little kids. One girl in paticular was too excited and kept lifting my shirt up. I told her to please stop turned around and she yanked my pants down (thank god it was not laundry day)
I mentioned to my Chinese co-worker when she decided to wander back in class 15 mins later. I thought that was it
WRONG!
The next day the story had expanded to it being my fault the little girl had done this, and that the Chinese teacher had seen my penis. They were livid and blame was sorely set upon me for this.
:astonished:
what is up with that?[/quote]

You should have never let the class devolve into a situation where a little girl is lifting up your shirt.

Track pants people they were track pants,

actually I don’t know why I expected anything other than the usual hostilities or insults from this crew. well done.

Thanks for the advice and information in my time of need
:bravo:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“shifty”]

You should have never let the class devolve into a situation where a little girl is lifting up your shirt.[/quote][/quote]

My first class in a new school with kids who don’t know me alone with no Chinese assistant, If I am thrown into a room alone it may take a few mins to get the room under control,

[quote=“shifty”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“shifty”]

You should have never let the class devolve into a situation where a little girl is lifting up your shirt.[/quote]

My first class in a new school with kids who don’t know me alone with no Chinese assistant, If I am thrown into a room alone it may take a few mins to get the room under control,[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, I can understand that. The school sounds like a gong show.

Your “time of need” was in that classroom. What you needed was some classroom management. But since that “time of need” is over, here’s a little tip for you:

1. When a child starts to go for an inappropriate touch, you take their offending hand(s) gently and say, “This is my body. I don’t like it when you touch it. Stop.” If it happens again, you ask her, “Would your mommy like it when you do that? No? Well, the next time you do it, I will ask her myself and see what she thinks.” If it still happens, give the parents a phone call and explain the situation matter-of-factly ending with a “I’m not sure if you allow this kind of behavior at home, but we don’t do this in school. Please talk to your child to let her know this.” Chances are, once you put little meimei on the phone, she’s going to get an earful and will have learned to not do it any more.

2. If you are teaching in a classroom situation where the children are supposed to be sitting down, there should be no opportunities for her to be grabbing you. If the child stands up, you should be able to stop her before she even gets a few feet away from you. Or put her in the back so you get more of a warning.

3. If it’s when the children are moving around because of an activity, stop the activity immediately for everyone. Tell them to return to their seats and give them “shut up and color” work as a punishment for this one child. Explain to them that because Yoyo couldn’t keep her hands to herself, no one else is allowed to play. Continue the busywork until your next activity. Try it again the next day. If she does the same thing, stop the class, gt ready to hand out the activities and then have a “sudden” change of heart. Sigh and say, “I know everyone really wants to play this game/do this activity, but Yoyo again cannot keep her hands to herself. I guess it’s not really fair to punish everyone. I’ll give you one more chance, but if Yoyo acts up again, then we’ll never do this activity again. Everyone understand?” Now you’ve turned a whole classroom into your barrier between this child and your body.

My first day of school here, I had a 6-year-old child grab my breasts as I was handing out a book to him. I can understand how upsetting this can be although it probably could have been stopped the first time with a firm, “This is my body. Do not touch it.”

There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior. If they wouldn’t do this to an adult family member of the same gender, there’s no reason they should be doing it to a stranger. Do not accept excuses. Firmly tell them that it is not appropriate because it’s not. Curiosity be damned.

OK, Shifty… let’s see if we can help you out:

1.) Follow Maoman’s advice and get a belt.

2.) Go one step further and get a pair of suspenders.

3.) Wear real pants.

4.) Wear them like Urkel.