Has this ever happened to you?

Jeez, there would have been trauma aplenty if someone debreeked me and I discovered that. :astonished:

[quote=ā€œDurins Baneā€][quote=ā€œRoachā€]

Shifty, for your sake I hope it doesnā€™t. If it does, I hope the posters here will be a little more helpfulā€¦[/quote]

Well, the thing is this should never of happened. I question why track pants were being worn and why this little girl was running around.[/quote]

Barn door horse bolted

Really, this is all after the case. Hindsight is fantastic isnā€™t it, even better if you have it before the situation.

Iā€™ve been close a couple of times in my first few months in Taiwan. I was wearing pants with a draw string. Now, I donā€™t wear anything that could be yanked down. I donā€™t go into class wearing anything that can be pulled up or down. Kids who try - oh, they never try twice. :noway:

I, for one, understand.

[quote=ā€œBassmanā€]

I, for one, understand.[/quote]

I can relate, as well. The first job I had fresh off the plane was at a school where the official sport was ā€œhit the teacher in the nutsā€. When I asked the admin about this, they said: ā€œOh, their just having fun.ā€ Needless to say, I didnā€™t stay there long. :noway:

I know how it is. Iā€™ve had kids want to be a bit touchy-feely and you have to set strict limits. Physical contact with kids can help them feel a personal connection to their teacher, but it is also a quick way to get fired. A TA in the room is your best defence against any accusations of wrong doing. When the TA is not in the room you really need to protect yourself.

The most dangerous time, in my opinion, is at the beginning of class when the TA hasnā€™t arrived yet and kids are coming in while youā€™re preparing the classroom. Iā€™ve had kids come up and start feeling my arm hair and stuff like that while Iā€™m writing on the board or laying my books out.

Without another adult in the class, I donā€™t let that continue. Make the kids sit down. Be as stern as necessary. You can make nice later (and even allow them to feel the hair on your arms) when a TA is there and you have control of the classroom.

[quote=ā€œBassmanā€] Kids who try - oh, they never try twice. :noway:

[/quote]

What do you do?

The only kid who hits me in the nuts in school is my sonā€¦too many Jacky Chan movies! :astonished:

[quote=ā€œvioletā€][quote=ā€œBassmanā€] Kids who try - oh, they never try twice. :noway:

[/quote]

What do you do?[/quote]

Castration :smiling_imp: :wink: I winked :wink:

Really, ok, I walk up beside them. Speak very slowly and quietly. Say, in Chinese, ā€œNow, you probably donā€™t think that I can speak Chinese do you? But, I can - Listen. That also means that I can tell your parents directly what you did. You donā€™t think Iā€™d tell? Try me.ā€

That always works a treat. I donā€™t have to do that much these days, almost never. Actually, I canā€™t remember the last time. I am consistant, all the kids know that if I say that Iā€™ll do something, I will do it.

What did they pull off of her? Shirt? Skirt? Pants? What kind of place is this you work in?!? Sounds like that creepy James Spader movie.

DUDE, switch jobs, any job where U R stripping without getting tips is a rip-off. In service industries U deserve $$$ compensation, no $$$, no skin. Unless they have bills, the pants donā€™t come off, and donā€™t accept the tacky green $200NT either, and no initial freebies either. Otherwise there should be a 2 drink minimum charge at the door. :s