Has your question been answered?

I have recently noticed that for threads that I started, a box now pops up at the right side asking -

“Has your question been answered?
Highlight the answer and help others by using the solution button below the correct reply.”

Some threads have no solution of course - namely the Taiwan Weather one which rolls over each year, likewise the various Covid-19 ones that get the chop every couple of months in favour of a replacement.

How do I get rid of the pop-up?

pick a favourite post and reward that user with a ‘solution’ token

My word, that’s annoying.

1 Like

Don’t start a thread.

2 Likes

i believe you can also, ahem solute yourself

1 Like

apparently that can make you go blind :wink:

1 Like

When we hit 10000 replies on Funny Political Pictures II. I’ll pick a WINNER for the solution!

2 Likes

Man who goes to bed with hard problem, wakes with solution in hand.

2 Likes

It appears the developers of this forum software did not envisage all the ways it would be used. Happens very often these days…

1 Like

Someone else brought up the issue on the Discourse forums, I chipped in. We’ll see if there’s any response, or I can probably figure something out.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, the pop-up doesn’t appear in this thread!!!

1 Like

Man with hole in pocket feels cocky all day.

1 Like

ladies and gentlemen, we have a weiner.

2 Likes

I liked your post. Maybe others here can head over there and like it, too, to bring more attention to it

2 Likes

Maybe the AI (I.e. @discobot ) can tell we are still far from a solution.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

i just self-soluted on the TV thread, because i saw the box asking about it. now, i feel a mixture of shame and accomplishment.

I think I managed to hide this. I applied it in Classic theme; if it doesn’t cause any problems I’ll do the same in the other themes soon.

2 Likes