Haunted house in Taipei?

Are there any decent haunted houses in Taipei, or is Halloween not that popular here yet?

there are several purported haunted houses in Taipei.

one is a 12 story building ( i think its 12 maybe 14?) across the street from the old Sogo at chongshiao e. rd. It was finished and never occupied up to 1999 when i left. IM not sure what has become of it? Maybe they have finally occupied it now.

There was another office building built but never occupied on LINSen N.Rd. as well. That was reportedly built over a well known haunted house. And people didnt want to rent that building.

Dont know what has become of that.

and there was yet another office building (12 storys or so). Across from the firehouse on Chonghsiao e.rd. near the main Taipei Station. Dont know what has become of that either.

TAipei had some well known haunted houses that NOBODY wanted to go to. Even for a visit. Nobody wants to mess with Ghosts in TAiwan.

You see some stores trying to cash in on Hallowe’en, but it hasn’t really caught on here yet. The jack o’ lantern I carved the other day was the first one the kids at my school had ever seen.

There are ghosts all year round. I’d assume many Taiwanese believe their houses to be haunted. When you have a ghost month or two a year, why would Halloween be wanted for anything besides commercial enterprises and Westerners (meaning those who grew up celebrating Halloween) who want to teach their cultural practices in Taiwan?

there are several purported haunted houses in Taipei.

one is a 12 story building ( i think its 12 maybe 14?) across the street from the old Sogo at chongshiao e. Rd. It was finished and never occupied up to 1999 when i left. IM not sure what has become of it? Maybe they have finally occupied it now.

There was another office building built but never occupied on LINSen N.Rd. as well. That was reportedly built over a well known haunted house. And people didnt want to rent that building.

Dont know what has become of that.

and there was yet another office building (12 storys or so). Across from the firehouse on Chonghsiao e.Rd. near the main Taipei Station. Dont know what has become of that either.

Taipei had some well known haunted houses that NOBODY wanted to go to. Even for a visit. Nobody wants to mess with Ghosts in TAiwan.[/quote]

AWESOME. No foreigner took advantage of it? This kind of stupidity by the locals should mean that u can pick it up cheap on the market.

Ghosts in Taiwan are lame. Besides, they don’t hurt foreigners.

There’s one down near me at Bitan. “Brave” lads take their girlfriends there at night to prove their manhood and drop plastic bags full of rubbish. Dirty little shites.

You should set up some kind of intrusion sensor, so when u know they go there u could play some great pranks!

You see some stores trying to cash in on Hallowe’en, but it hasn’t really caught on here yet. [/quote]

It so hasn’t caught on that last night on FTV (53) right before the English news, they had a little pumpkin logo with stars around it on the screen. Every few seconds it would flash “HAPPY HOLLOWEEN!”

If a major TV station can’t even spell the name of the holiday correctly, you can guess that it probably isn’t popular.

I did. however, just see a bunch of little kids heading into the McDonalds at Roosevelt & Heping East Roads, all dressed up in costume… and last Saturday I ran into a group of 40 or so kids in costume, being traiiled by parents with cameras and their poor teacher who yelled “ok, kids. I’m thirsty! Let’s go to 7-11!”. All of the parents gave me funny looks (what a shock!) while I walked past eating a banana, mouth agape and staring back.

sdf

They saw a ghost, or much worse <> - a laowai. :astonished:

[quote=“Tyc00n”]

AWESOME. No foreigner took advantage of it? This kind of stupidity by the locals should mean that u can pick it up cheap on the market.[/quote]

maybe to live in, but probably not your ideal business location