Have a friend that runs a business?

We have decided to take another approach to the whole selling thing here at 24seven. When hiring someone to do sales, you have to make sure that that person is intimately knowledgeable about your product / service since he / she has to answer all the customer

Can I have a link to your online media kit and rate card anyway ? How big is your readship ? You can PM me if you like.

My friend Big Fluffy Matthew might be interested. PM me with details and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

You need to add a space between that ), otherwise the link won’t work.

Could I write an article about Macking or Digital Pimpin’?

No offense intended, but for a sales guy your pitch sure is hard to understand. And apparently full of errors and/or inconsistencies.

[quote]Selling advertising space in one of the only medians that allow advertisers to reach the foreign market here in Taiwan is not hard

[quote=“sandman”]My friend Big Fluffy Matthew might be interested. PM me with details and I’ll get back to you ASAP.[/quote]If I go through you I won’t get my 20% off, moocher.

I think the commision is 30%, so 2/3 of 30% is 20%. But then I’m a scientist, not a lawyer, and we we’re very relaxed as to the definition of “a half” :wink:

Do I have to buy a lot of laundry detergent?

Yes, medians are forms of media, sry for the industry speak. And yes, anyone can advertise in any of the media that they want here. My point is that there is no other way to reach the foreign market here. The core group of teachers doesn’t read the Taipei Times daily, nor the China Post. They may listen to ICRT a couple of times / wk (if at all) and no foreigner watches the soaps on Chinese cable. Therefore, if someone were to advertise with these forms of media, they would be throwing away a lot of money because they are not hitting their target market.

Yes. There is nothing else needed to be done by the referrer after making the referral. However, my salespeople will have to go and take care of the advertiser from that point on, so from the 30% commission that we give our salespeople, for the first payment - whatever that may be- the referrer would get 20% and then for every other payment after that, 10%.

The circulation is currently 4,000 - 2,000 in Taipei and 2,000 in Taichung but we will be expanding soon to the south and increasing our circulation. Our readership, however, is about three times that (a guesstimate of course) because our mag is a pass around magazine that is read time and time again in bars / clubs / english schools / chinese language schools and taken home to people’s houses.

The online media kit can be accessed by going to
http://www.24seventaiwan.com/mediakit

user: 24seven
pass: 247mkit

Hope this clears some things up.

P.S - I’m not a salesman, I’m an entrepreneur. No offense taken Mother.

I would dispute this very strongly. In my experience, I’m about the ONLY Western (or Antipodean) person I know or am acquainted with who doesn’t at least glance through the paper on a pretty much daily basis, and that’s only because I see the stories the day before.
On the other hand, I still haven’t met more than a tiny handful of people who’ve actually seen a print copy of Twentyfour7.

What statistics are you basing your claim on?
(BTW, I’ll bet Bobwundaye would be happy to let you put the mag in the bar.)

so how many people read 24-7 compared to Forumosa? Wouldn’t it be far better to market to foreigners in Taiwan using this website?

You can’t really disagree with the above statement given that you’re also trying to reach the foreign business crowd through this site.

Forumosans can be a tuff crowd…

My budget doesn’t allow for too much more in the way of ads Reese, but things should improve a bit over the duration of the year.

The publication looks good to me, so expect a call soon.

-Nam

[quote]so how many people read 24-7 compared to Forumosa? Wouldn’t it be far better to market to foreigners in Taiwan using this website?

You can’t really disagree with the above statement given that you’re also trying to reach the foreign business crowd through this site.[/quote]

So, with that theory, all a foreign business owner would have to do to get the foreign crowd (business or otherwise) is to advertise on Forumosa? Presto - instant foreign customer base.

I would definately agree that Forumosa is a good place to advertise. It has a lot of members, high visibility, and its cost effective. I wouldn’t and can’t agree that a business can sustain itself soley advertising with Forumosa.

How many people read the mag? About 12,000 - although its a near impossible number to accurately predict.

Right, but it would be easy to make a comparison on increase on sales on comparison of the two. Are you collecting that information from current advertisers? It would be valuable in pushing your advertising space

[quote=“24seventaiwan.com”][quote]so how many people read 24-7 compared to Forumosa? Wouldn’t it be far better to market to foreigners in Taiwan using this website?

You can’t really disagree with the above statement given that you’re also trying to reach the foreign business crowd through this site.[/quote]

So, with that theory, all a foreign business owner would have to do to get the foreign crowd (business or otherwise) is to advertise on Forumosa? Presto - instant foreign customer base…[/quote]

I didn’t read the original quote as saying that to reach the foreign crowd, a business should only advertise on Forumosa. I understood it to mean that advertising on Forumosa would be better than on your magazine.

Since the foriegn crowd is a diverse crowd, if you wanted to reach ALL of us, you should remember to use a diverse set of channels to reach us.

Now, if you have a limited ad budget, and you wanted to reach as many people as possible, then it may well be good advice to follow your own example… and advertise on Forumosa :idunno:

Agreed. Forumosa is exactly the kind of community that would be ideal for your magazine… it’s focused, frequent, fun, and fact-filled. People keep coming back, too.

Hah!

I’m not really sure how this thread went from earning money by referring friends without doing the selling to… 24seven vs Forumosa - the better bang for your advertising buck.

If Forumosa wants to offer the same kind of incentive to its members, apparently they would do quite well with such a loyal following.

Just to make a point - as I said, I do agree with the reach and cost efficiency of advertising on Forumosa. I advertised with my other company and if ever 24seven actually pays to take out advertising somewhere, we will probably come to Forumosa again.

We have talked with many business owners who have advertised on Forumosa. From what they say, the results vary quite significantly from one extreme of having no extra business as a result of advertising on Forumosa to a claim that most of the new business coming in is due to Forumosa. The industry plays an important role.

Tyc00n, if you know of a way to effectively compare the increase in sales between two different advertising medians - like a banner ad on Forumosa and an ad in 24seven - I would be interested in hearing it.